Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

Just though id add my bit as i was at Lexus Bham today and saw the red ISF. Not something i would buy, its has a front end spray job which is not bad, but the front bumper is not put back properly,  gaps all over and also over spray on the headlights (bottom). Give it 6months and the lacquer will start to peel off because it looks like who ever did the paint job did not take the parts off to paint the car, its as though they just masked it up.

Ive had two of these before and this car look tired compared to the ones i had with a lot more mileage on them compared to this. Personally i think its worth 15k. 

8 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

Just though id add my bit as i was at Lexus Bham today and saw the red ISF. Not something i would buy, its has a front end spray job which is not bad, but the front bumper is not put back properly,  gaps all over and also over spray on the headlights (bottom). Give it 6months and the lacquer will start to peel off because it looks like who ever did the paint job did not take the parts off to paint the car, its as though they just masked it up.

Ive had two of these before and this car look tired compared to the ones i had with a lot more mileage on them compared to this. Personally i think its worth 15k. 

Interesting. I wonder if that’s why it’s a few grand cheaper then the white one I highlighted at the start of this thread, even though it’s got similar miles?

On 7/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Martin F said:

Just out of interest I looked up the info on the Supra auto trans cooler and it seems they changed the design between the MKIII and the MKIV.

I don't post much here but as one of the few people to have owned a MKIII Supra (1JZ-GTE), MKIV Supra (2JZ-GTE) and an ISF I may have some useful info.

The MKIII Supra (at least the twin turbo variant) actually has an external ATF cooler in addition to the one integrated into the radiator, I can't remember off hand if the Turbo does but I don't believe the N/A does.  As for the MKIV Supra the export (non-JDM) model (only available as a twin turbo) has an additional external ATF cooler (as well as a diff cooler). In both cases Toyota chose weather or not to fit an extra cooler depending on how hard/long they expected the car to be driven.

To be honest though (I don't mean to come off dismissive of Connors issue here, that really sucks as does the way Lexus treated him) this really isn't something worth worrying over, it's on the level of "should I get my roof armour plated in case of meteorites?".  Cooling the ATF by running it through a cooler integrated in the radiator has been the standard way of doing it on pretty much every automatic car produced in the last 30-40 years.  It makes the cooler less vulnerable to damage (stones/etc) and it will outlive the radiator itself multiple times over.  Yes you do hear of the occasional failure but unless there's an issue with the coolant then any failure can pretty much be attributed to a manufacturing defect and you can get that with external coolers too.

Just an update on Conner’s car.  I sold it yesterday.  I told the whole story to the buyer and showed him the paperwork.  He saw it all as a plus point.  He is a decent guy and it was a pleasure to deal with him.  I guess that’s probably typical of the kind of person who would buy one of these cars.  He had a 50 plus mile drive home and is very happy with the car.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alphard said:

Just an update on Conner’s car.  I sold it yesterday.  I told the whole story to the buyer and showed him the paperwork.  He saw it all as a plus point.  He is a decent guy and it was a pleasure to deal with him.  I guess that’s probably typical of the kind of person who would buy one of these cars.  He had a 50 plus mile drive home and is very happy with the car.

Nice one mate . If he wants to ask anything about it just tell him to message me anytime . Like I said before it’s a belter car and I had it as second owner and looked after it . Never had an accident . No silly cheap repairs . Just a solid honest isf .