Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Marks on infotainment screen

Ever since I bought my 300H I have has marks on the infotainment screen that are irritating me. They can't be felt when I rub my nail over them but glass cleaners don't get rid of them.

IMG_2047.thumb.JPG.96428234108fed5b8f3488dea3a48bbd.JPG

Has anyone else encountered this? 

There is a problem on the older screen filters in that they mark easily. In the US this was treated as a warranty issue but in the UK it seems to be a bit hit and miss depending on your dealer. 

However you can buy the replacement filter with trim for around £40 from a dealer.

Part number is 86134-53030

• Like 3

Yes, as Sheamus says, just use baby wipes or similar to get rid of the coating that's there. The end result might be a screen that's more reflective, but that hasn't bothered me in practice.

• Like 1

Mine is worse than that too. I've been meaning to clean off completely and see how it is. If it's too reflective then I'll replace but general consensus is that it's ok.

• 1 year later...

Mine is the same - when it's on it's not noticeable though so haven't got around to doing anything about it yet... removing antiglare coating as above is probably the easiest fix for starters though and see how that looks.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed mine was like this and was fortunate to get it replaced under warranty. I bought the car in 2017, the light just happened to catch the marks, I hadn't noticed before. Presented the car to Lexus Cardiff in 2018, over a year after purchase (5 years after car first registered) and they replaced it under warranty. 

39 minutes ago, Stuart Aspey said:

Presented the car to Lexus Cardiff in 2018, over a year after purchase

Lexus Cardiff is irrelevant, I understand that all warranty claims are authorised by Lexus rather than the dealer. If anything, these dealerships will be happy to undertake a warranty claim, it's another job to book in and charge for, at no expense to the owner.

My buying experience at Lexus Cardiff fell below expectations and although resolved to nearly full satisfaction, it took time and chasing on my behalf.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, Martin F said:

... In the US this was treated as a warranty issue but in the UK it seems to be a bit hit and miss depending on your dealer.. 

Apologies @matt8 while I accept that this is an old post, I thought that maybe it was relevant if only to identify that Lexus Cardiff completed this job without issue.

Though, I too have had issues with length of time to complete works in relation to another job. 

9 hours ago, Stuart Aspey said:

Apologies @matt8 while I accept that this is an old post, I thought that maybe it was relevant if only to identify that Lexus Cardiff completed this job without issue.

No apologies needed Stuart! I was just making a comment in case someone esteemed Cardiff in a better light because of what you'd said, when in fact, I believe it is not a decision the dealership ultimately makes.

• Like 1