Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Track Edition Finance Quote

Evening all! Thought this may be of interest to some people/ generally satisfy curious people like myself who like to know numbers or generate some discussion. Attached will be a finance quote for the Track Edition I received at the beginning of the week after inquiring. Apparently there are only to be 4 build slots this year, 2 of which have already gone, with delivery likely to be November. This quote also included the extra matte grey paint option.

Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 19.55.00.png

• Like 1

Bargain.... I’ll take 2 😅

Those figures are mind blowing.

That GFV is truly a killer, I had the same problem when looking to buy a Mustang a few years ago. They were massively undervaluing their GFV’s, but at the time, a 3 year old stang had only depreciated a grand a year, so I would have potentially had upwards of £15k in positive equity by contract end. The monthly payment was substantially more than I wanted to pay at the time and I didn’t want to take the risk on residuals with a facelift due.

• Like 1

What is the ARP ?

In my case every time I've asked a dealer for finance quote they gave me rubbish ARP. I can get better value on a personal loan or HP/PCP from my bank. They just too greedy and try to make extra money on financing.

3 hours ago, Hangie said:

What is the ARP ?

In my case every time I've asked a dealer for finance quote they gave me rubbish ARP. I can get better value on a personal loan or HP/PCP from my bank. They just too greedy and try to make extra money on financing.

The email didn't actually give an ARP, but I would imagine 3.9 or 5.9 as I believe those to be Lexus finance rates (happy to be corrected if wrong).

Never liked the idea of PCP and personally wouldn't do it myself. But with the choice of high spec late RCF's drying up in the secondhand market this seems to be the only show in town.

As a rule I've always bought my cars when they are 3-5 years from new, so far I have bought many very high price cars for far less than half their original price, some have been so low in mileage they were like a brand new car.

I did break my rules with the RCF as the colour, spec etc was exactly what I wanted and being just over a year old with 6000 miles on the clock was still in my mind a bargain price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Never liked the idea of PCP and personally wouldn't do it myself. But with the choice of high spec late RCF's drying up in the secondhand market this seems to be the only show in town.

As a rule I've always bought my cars when they are 3-5 years from new, so far I have bought many very high price cars for far less than half their original price, some have been so low in mileage they were like a brand new car.

I did break my rules with the RCF as the colour, spec etc was exactly what I wanted and being just over a year old with 6000 miles on the clock was still in my mind a bargain price.

It’s amazing how GFV’s go up and ARP comes down once a car has been sat on the forecourt for a year!

28 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

It’s amazing how GFV’s go up and ARP comes down once a car has been sat on the forecourt for a year!

It still works out a bloody expensive way to buy a car in my opinion, if my maths are correct £87K is way beyond what I'd consider.

I know it works okay for some people for instance a girl I know gets a £1500 a month allowance in her salary package for a car so I guess that makes sense in her case.

Other than the price of the GFV, the cars list price, the dealer network have us over a barrel, most cars are financed and end up back at the dealer, not many people have that sort of money at their disposal, banks wouldn’t probably lend those sort of figures are there is no security applied, with a dealer the car is always a collectible collateral item to offset the in affordability of the car in the first place, I personally don’t like finance or PCP so always try to buy outright, no I’m not rich n far from it, I am however divorced and learnt the hard way! Lol 😂😂😂

GFV moves around loads depending on who you get your car finance from etc. Its not accurate at all. 

When enquiring for finance just to see what the figures were like, the GFV on my current RX was something like £25k after 3 years. The car is 3 years old and they're selling for £33-35 and WBAC are giving around £30k.

The dealer was actually saying the best way to PCP a car from Lexus is to pay the final payment and then trade it in lol

• 2 years later...

So because I have an itch to scratch (all the time), made a few more moves on finance quotes for an RC F TE. I know it isn't everyones cup of tea, but may be of interest to others. Have done all of our cars through PCP (except the LS) as I like to make money do work rather than be tied up - each to their own!

RC F TE (white) £77550. Deposit was 0 but £2k put up by dealer. APR 3.9%. Monthly of £1214.95 for 41 months. Final payment/ GFV £33,075. Max mileage 28k.

Looking back at the original figures, shows how times have changed.

Might also get a finance quote from an independent as comparison.

Wow that monthly payment.

My biggest problem with PCP is that they always have a really low cap on the deposit. You can increase the deposit amount which lowers the monthly payments, but only up to some low-ish percentage like maybe 10 or 20% of the total value.

As an aside I think the track edition is pretty underrated if not for the high price. It's annoying that it gets the EU nerfed engine, but the weight savings and small improvements they have made all over the car should add up to quite a lot. You would get a lot of people trying to race you with that huge fixed rear wing though!

I don't really believe in putting in much of a deposit, maybe £1k if they insist. Some manufacturers and independents do allow much higher percentages these days.

The TE has been discussed before, bit of mixed bag. Could have done a rear seat delete, maybe some more power and as a 'Track' car, I don't think it would hold up well, plus if you do ding it, £££ bills I'd imagine.

However, considering the F range is an infant compared to other cars M, AMG etc lines, bravo for them giving it a go. If money allowed and as an enthusiast, I would have one for sure.

9 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

You would get a lot of people trying to race you with that huge fixed rear wing though!

Launch control might help....maybe 😆

See I LOVE the TE..... 

BUT!, 

I could just buy an RCF Carbon, custom wing, and a GTHAUS for a lot less.... and would probably prefer it... And dont have the hideous expensive brakes that go with it. 

I wouldnt say no to a TE but the price would have to be right, I am so needy to buy a new car right now. But the current market im just going to laugh it off and wait.  Going to learn to ride this year and get a motorbike on pcp for a couple of years instead while getting used to it for when I grab a Rocket 3 🙂 If cars become sensible again in the mean time who knows. 

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I don't really believe in putting in much of a deposit, maybe £1k if they insist. Some manufacturers and independents do allow much higher percentages these days.

I guess I'm pretty debt-averse and don't like to be bound by lots of monthly payments, especially scary four-figure ones. But yeah it's a personal thing as you say.

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Launch control might help....maybe 😆

Ugh, launch control. That's a rant for another time I think. If you're interested look up the 5-60mph times of various cars, it takes launch control out of the equation. Those VAG cars aren't so quick in the real world.

48 minutes ago, Arnett said:

And dont have the hideous expensive brakes that go with it. 

I think those brakes are a big part of why it performs better. It's not just braking performance, it's the weight (all unsprung and rotational mass).

Carbon Ceramic brakes are fantastic, on a light car they really do make a difference all round unsprung weight and be able to brake later and harder without boiling your fluid is a plus. 
they are never worth the extra on a new car but are a bargain on a low mileage secondhand car.

as to whether a car as heavy as the RCF would benefit I really have my doubts