Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Key Fob?

Does anyone know if there are compatible key fobs which can be programmed to work with the is300h? My car never came with a spare key so looking to get a spare key fob for just in case...

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

You need to buy a virgin key or a key that has been properly deleted from a vehicle.

I bought a key some time back and upon programming it with techstream the key was coded to another car. This must be recognised by the key having some part read that informs the vehicle 'it' is coded to another vehicle. This message pops up at the time of coding. So that key was useless. Unless reseed process was used and I wasn't about to go down that route.

In the end I managed to buy a virgin key and techstream coded it right away with no problems. A thing to note is there will be a code on the label on your current key like 'BC2EQ' or similar. It is important that the key you buy matches this and is of course virgin (not coded to another car) .

Regards

Ian

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response Ian. OK so I essentially need to get a brand new key.. Although I have seen some keys wiped of the previous vehicle can this not be done via techstream? So far the only car fob I've found is around £250 mark. Was hoping to get an eBay one from a breakers.

I got mine off an eBay seller for just under £100. And yes a deleted (previously used key on other car) can be coded so long as it has been properly deleted from the vehicle it was associated with prior to you trying to code it.

BTW the rinky dink vci xhorse clone cable for techstream WILL NOT code keys. For that you need a good proper working cable.

I don't suppose you have any details of the eBay person you used? I've been looking around for a while now but can't find anything suitable.
I have techstream with the proper xhorse cable. I've already programmed a couple of things so I know it works.

Cheers
Alex

25 minutes ago, ianhu said:

BTW the rinky dink vci xhorse clone cable for techstream WILL NOT code keys. For that you need a good proper working cable.

Mine does, I know because I've done it.

51 minutes ago, ianhu said:

What cable did you use Ian? And how much did that cost?