Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav on Start up

Hi

I picked up our GSF from Newcastle yesterday. Brilliant service and I throughly enjoyed my 290 mile drive home back to Bristol. Surprisingly I averaged 30 mpg over this trip which, whilst I know this reading on the trip computer is not the most accurate, I was still very impressed considering the performance of this car. 

I just have a a couple of questions. 

Is there anyway to stop this screen showing on the Sat Nav on start up? It is frustrating to have to press return so that the map shows every time  

Also, does the GSF only have two front parking sensors? I can’t seem to see any in the grill.

Thanks again

Francis

0FD921EE-3E7C-4F6C-BFEA-C619538EEDEC.jpeg

7 hours ago, F.A. said:

Is there anyway to stop this screen showing on the Sat Nav on start up? It is frustrating to have to press return so that the map shows every time  

Congratulations on the GSF. Yes there is, I switched off the automatic return to map by going through the settings. I forgot which exact menu setting to go through but it is possible. Will check tomorrow if you still can't find it.

Regarding parking sensors, i believe there is only 2 in the front.

15 minutes ago, Ashrez said:

Congratulations on the GSF. Yes there is, I switched off the automatic return to map by going through the settings. I forgot which exact menu setting to go through but it is possible. Will check tomorrow if you still can't find it.

Regarding parking sensors, i believe there is only 2 in the front.

That you, that would be great. 

Im sure that you are used to it by now but the sound of the V8 is amazing!

• Like 1

If you have ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control ) then I believe the parking sensor system uses the radar unit from that at the front, It is integral to the Lexus emblem.

paul m

19 hours ago, F.A. said:

Hi

I picked up our GSF from Newcastle yesterday. Brilliant service and I throughly enjoyed my 290 mile drive home back to Bristol. Surprisingly I averaged 30 mpg over this trip which, whilst I know this reading on the trip computer is not the most accurate, I was still very impressed considering the performance of this car. 

I just have a a couple of questions. 

Also, does the GSF only have two front parking sensors? I can’t seem to see any in the grill.

Thanks again

Francis

0FD921EE-3E7C-4F6C-BFEA-C619538EEDEC.jpeg

Congrats on the F, 290 miles must have been a treat 👌, here’s to hopefully many more happy miles! 

I did disable the sat nav thingy from popping up but after the Battery disconnect from my tiny mishap it has made a return! It’s in the menu somewhere I think... 

Only 2 front parking sensors, trial it by putting someone you don’t like in front and roll up towards them and wait for the beep.. or screams 😂

The V8 does sound pretty epic even if it is a little restricted by the exhaust.

Here is where you can find the setting to turn off the map screen auto return.

20190701_130500.jpg

20190701_130518.jpg

20190701_130527.jpg

20190701_130532.jpg

Thanks everyone. I will have a look after work. 

Can the boot be closed using the key remote? It can on our RX but nothing happens on the GSF. 

14 hours ago, Texas said:

If you have ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control ) then I believe the parking sensor system uses the radar unit from that at the front, It is integral to the Lexus emblem.

paul m

I can definitely say that the parking system does not use the radar sensor on an ISF and on an RCF, up to an including 2015...

6 hours ago, Ashrez said:

The V8 does sound pretty epic even if it is a little restricted by the exhaust.

Here is where you can find the setting to turn off the map screen auto return.

20190701_130500.jpg

20190701_130518.jpg

20190701_130527.jpg

20190701_130532.jpg

Hi 

Thanks for the photos. I have tried this but  the menu screen still appears over the map when I start up. @Ashrez & @hockeyedwardsI take it that this doesn’t happen when you start up and the map is instantly visible with out the Nav menu screen in the way  ?

I have heard back from the dealer and they have suggested that nothing can be done about this and that I have to press return every time. It sounds very odd if this is true, it is like going back to the days when Lexus made you acknowledge the T&Cs of using the  Nav system before you could view the mapping  🤷🏾‍♂️

Any further help would be much appreciated. 

Bristol Lexus doesn’t think that this menu can be removed on start up, which is very disappointing. The mentioned that other GS owners have also complained but Lexus GB have acknowledged that nothing can be done  🤷🏾‍♂️.

Whilst I was there I noticed that my DRLs do not  seem to turn on when the car is started, but come one when the car is placed in to drive. Is this normal ? The DRLs come on as soon as the car is started on our RX and my previous IS. 

17 minutes ago, i-s said:

Our GS450h premier does the same thing, with the menu appearing from start up. Very annoying. 

I the GS300h that Bristol Lexus had in stock also did the same thing. I am really hoping that someone on here has managed to solve this problem, it’s not the end of the world but very frustrating. 

On another note, can you close  the boot on your Premier with your key fob?

Tbh haven't tried that I can recall

I lovedthat feature on my Honda accord tourer, and was irritated that my v70 didn't do it. Got out of the habit, so didn't even think to try. 

1 hour ago, i-s said:

Tried it - no, there's no remote close function. 

Thank you for confirming that. 

Confirming, there is no remote boot close function. Also, there is no way to get rid of the Sat Nav menu screen on startup. I had this on my 450h and now have it on my GS-F. Not a problem to press a button when moving off.

3 hours ago, bernie_the_bolt said:

Confirming, there is no remote boot close function. Also, there is no way to get rid of the Sat Nav menu screen on startup. I had this on my 450h and now have it on my GS-F. Not a problem to press a button when moving off.

Thank you. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links