Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a Stagg system in my LS430, it has a little control box fitted on the dashboard,  - with 5 lights indicating how full/empty the gas tank is (if no lights are on, the indication is that it runs on petrol, - it has a single button which you can alternate between running on gas or petrol), - however, this little box has stopped lighting up completely.  Not sure it it's related, but this happened not long after I successfully replaced the gear shift selector bulb, and took the mirror switch gear off to clean the connectors (don't think this should be related).

For all I know the car is still using LPG - I have no idea. 

I am in Surrey - I don't know of an LPG garage nearby either?

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed 🙂

At the very least you'll need a multimeter and a wiring diagram for the Stag system to find out what voltages should be present at the changeover switch/fuel gauge.

However, I don't believe in such coincidences. The switch needs both power and earth so I reckon you've disturbed something while you've been doing the other work. Go back over everything you've done and look for any connectors that have come off etc.

Yes, the lights are notoriously inaccurate and should never be relied upon.

The only way to be sure is to fill up with gas, set the trip recorder to zero, then run on gas until it gives the first warning that you're getting low. That way you know that a tankful should give you 'x' miles so you know to fill up before then, and just keep resetting the trip recorder every time you fill up.

Phil - what happens if you press the switch? Does it do anything at all? Bleep? Buzz?

If nothing at all, the inline fuse providing power to the gas system may have blown.

• Like 1

Many thanks everyone.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Yes, I will fill the tanks and see what happens.

No - absolutely nothing happens when I press the switch, no bleeps, noises, lights, absolutely nothing that I can notice.

I have family in Essex, so I may drop my car into these guys... - unless anyone can recommend someone - maybe closer to Surrey?

http://ajrpowersolutions.co.uk/

I live 'up north' so can't suggest anywhere but that place looks as good as any.

Before you spend any money just check the fuses and connectors - with the switch showing no signs of life it may well be something as simple as that.

• Thanks 1