Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ABS unit has no power

Kami

Hello everyone, i have not posted anything on here yet, so i hope i put this in the right section and spell things correctly.

I have my lexus is200 (1999) for a few years now, and i recently have hooked it up to a computer to try and figure out this issue with my breaking pedal i have. When i drive at a very slow speed (not reading on the speedo yet) and i break, the pedal vibrates and comes back up a bit. It is more ennoying than a issue, but i thought from reading on several forums it might have to do with the speed sensors. I probabely should also mention the warning light of my parking break is on constanty as soon as i touch the breaks once.  So, as i said, i hooked it up and took a look at the readings, and it shows nothing at all.. According to the computer, there are no faults in the system either but this seems weird and contradicting to me as i do have issues.. So looking a bit further i found out my abs unit has no power going to it but all the fuses are fine. I did notice the 2 abs relays where very hot compaired to the other relays in the fusebox and i now think the issue might be there. Anyone can help me with some thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Only a guess but it sounds like the relays are stuck.

I'd pull them out to see what happens and test them on the bench. Depending on the results of that, you may need to test the wiring to and from the relays.

16 hours ago, Herbie said:

Only a guess but it sounds like the relays are stuck.

I'd pull them out to see what happens and test them on the bench. Depending on the results of that, you may need to test the wiring to and from the relays.

Thanks, this was my guess aswell. Still need to test them, have not had the time just yet.. When i have tested them and know more, ill post it here for those interested.

• Like 1