Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to buy first Lexus

Rolando1

Looking to buy a GS300h. Done some research and set on buying one with 2016 facelift. 

Does anyone know the difference between the trim levels, there are many Executive versions compared to Luxury and Premier. 

Also is there any potential problems such as parts etc for the future with this model being replaced by ES?

Thanks

I had a pre face-lift 2015 Luxury. Only issue under warranty was a leaking water pump gasket found on service. The dealer didn't bother with the gasket and changed the pump. Apparently an easy job and took about half an hour to do. 

Luxury trim is a nice compromise. My car had rear cross traffic detection and blind spot monitoring as standard. It also had optional ML sound system. 

I understand that face-lift luxury models lost the Cross traffic monitoring and blind spot detection. Can't remember the spec differences but Luxury gets most of the nice toys, memory seater, heated and ventilated seats etc . Premier ups the ante with HUD and a lot more toys. A very nice package if you can afford one. Fuel consumption is fantastic and better than my previous IS300h. Best ever tank to tank was 220 mile round trip into London where I averaged 52 mpg. 

Michelin Tyres will transform the ride and handling over standard Dunlops. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the the info. Yes I believe the cross detection system was lost on the facelift version.

Would love a premier version but big jump in price compared to the executive. It does have a lot of nice to have things though.

1 hour ago, Rolando1 said:

Would love a premier version but big jump in price compared to the executive. It does have a lot of nice to have things though.

If you can find a Luxury I think it is a nice compromise between the other 2. You could always look for an F sport but check out the seats and ride suit you. It always amused me that my road tax was less than my wifes Fiat 500.

12 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

If it is the car you want and the spec you want and it has a FLSH, then I would offer 15k and walk away if your offer is refused.

Negotiate that if you encounter warranty problems you can take it to your local Lexus Dealer for rectification.

Good luck and please do report back.

Is there any concerns with battery issues at that mileage? I hoping to keep it 5 years at least. I have seen many high mileage prius' so maybe not a big issues at all

If you are referring to the Hybrid Battery, then Lexua` warranty on them is for 15 years, so long as you have an annual Health Check which is free with the Lexus Annual Service.

Is there any concerns with battery issues at that mileage? I hoping to keep it 5 years at least. I have seen many high mileage prius' so maybe not a big issues at all

Prius are known to have exceeded 400,000 miles on the original HB.

It is, of course, entirely up to you, but for the money you are looking to spend, I would be tempted by a facelift car like this:

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-300h/25-Executive-Edition-n5b2udp

Even though it is not top of the range, the facelift car are still pretty well specified.

I can definitely understand if you want a Premier spec though, especially since I have one myself :smile:

On 7/10/2019 at 6:15 PM, Rolando1 said:

What do you guys think of this one. its local to me:

https://hedgeend.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-300h/25-Premier-qxb3h39

Preface lift version but its Premier spec.

I have exactly the same but in Mesa red. Also bought mine from lexus hedge end. It's also a 2014 model but had 35000 miles on it when I bought it for a similar price maybe some negotiation room. Love mine. Highly recommended. Not sure what difference the facelift makes apart from the face! Premier spec is beautiful. Personally I'd go for higher spec rather than newer especially with a Lexus.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, olliesgrandad said:

Michelin Tyres will transform the ride and handling over standard Dunlops. 

Which Michelin's? I currently have Dunlop sportmaxx which I've been happy with but if I can improve the ride even more I'd be interested.

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I have exactly the same but in Mesa red. Also bought mine from lexus hedge end. It's also a 2014 model but had 35000 miles on it when I bought it for a similar price maybe some negotiation room. Love mine. Highly recommended. Not sure what difference the facelift makes apart from the face! Premier spec is beautiful. Personally I'd go for higher spec rather than newer especially with a Lexus.

What do you make of the boot?

Is it a struggle to get two large cases i.e. 23kg luggages?

3 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Which Michelin's? I currently have Dunlop sportmaxx which I've been happy with but if I can improve the ride even more I'd be interested.

Michelin Primacy 4.

Try and get them when Michelin due their cashback offers. I got a£100 refund on a set of 4 and have since done the same on my RX450 with a set of Cross Climates. 

• Thanks 1

For £18k, I would consider something like this:

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-300h/25-F-Sport-r1b2n84

The F Sport is second only to the Premier in spec, and the mileage is on the higher side, but I don't think it is that bad considering your budget.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

What do you make of the boot?

Is it a struggle to get two large cases i.e. 23kg luggages?

Two large suitcases fit in fine. The high sill is the only issue.

8 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

For £18k, I would consider something like this:

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-300h/25-F-Sport-r1b2n84

The F Sport is second only to the Premier in spec, and the mileage is on the higher side, but I don't think it is that bad considering your budget.

I love the red interior available in the f sport. It also has the adaptive suspension of the premier.

• Like 1