Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Up north in North Yorkshire we don’t see many LS, especially the new model although there are a few older models about.  Today in London I saw a new LS belonging to the Japanese embassy complete with ‘D’ number plate and bracket for flag.  After dropping off 3 guys it parked up awaiting their return.  I’ve never seen an LS Takumi before but what a machine.  It was stunning in the flesh.  It made every other black limo in town look quite ordinary.  Its details were absolutely exquisite.👍

• Like 2

always nice to have a brand new car though .......  my last one ( and only ..  hahahahaha ) a 1969 Hillman Imp ....... jeez i felt so proud 😉

Malc ( then age 19 )

19 hours ago, Greer said:

They (Lexus) it as a 2018 car, sure it's luxurious but at just under £98k I should think so to, it says 2 powerfull electric motors, so all electric. As far as the looks go, well thats allways a personal prefernce but for me it looks no nicer than the black LS400, but, £98k, wow that would keep me in Hovis bread for life

Beat this for looks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS-400-4-0-V8-AUTO/202724899329?hash=item2f33587a01:g:NyMAAOSwPdddHNno&utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Not all electric. It is still a Hybrid.

LS500? I look forward to owning one in 15 years when it has depreciated to around £6000,... if it proves as reliable as the LS400/430.
Not even sure I would buy one if I won the Lottery. Lots of competition for rich peoples money out there in the car world.

• Thanks 1

JLR are going to make electric cars, it will not be a hybrid  so you will have to plug it into a power point somewhere,JLR say it will take a while  to produce them.

22 hours ago, Greer said:

I think all but electric cars will be banned

maybe in parts of the UK and other electric-heads in the EU, Japan home of Honda and Toyota too

The rest of the world loves petrol and diesel and I can't see ever not being able to get and drive a muscle V8 in the USA and most other parts of the world ......  incl the UK to be fair too

JLR, well of course they'll make their electric car here in the UK, nowhere else in the world will be buying them I guess, certainly not the home of Tata / JLR   India where non-electric will probably reign supreme for the next 100 years or so

And if JLR make them in the uk then the UK electric heads will love them coz they are UK built and JLR too ...... wise positioning by Mr Tata methinks .......  good luck to him and JLR

when the rest of the world ( incl the UK )  is ferociously taxing imported electrics then JLR with a home-spun UK car will benefit hugely

Just my take on it all  :whistling:

Malc