Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The RC is Dead, Long Live the RC

Just collected my new RC300h, now in Azure Blue, replacing my Sonic Red 2016 model.:yahoo:

First impressions are, it's noticeably quieter. There is much less 'milk-float' whine on deceleration. The car will accelerate much longer on electric, the car switching to Battery power more readily in general driving.

The Mark Levinson sounds much fuller than the standard audio in the 2016 model, which wasn't poor in any respect. The Sat Nav has been improved no end, much easier to set routes etc..

Filled the tank with V-Power and looking forward to exploring the suspension and steering upgrades :thumbup:

IMG_20190704_114021.jpg

IMG_20190704_114029.jpg

IMG_20190704_114256.jpg

MVIMG_20190704_114217.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your new RC.  It looks - and undoubtedly is - superb, and I look forward to further reports.  Having been away from home since May I’ve delayed placing my own order until my return later this month.  With luck - and not being overfussed about colour unless it is one I actively dislike, I hope to be able to get one from dealer stock. 

• Like 1

Another subtle change is the operation of the retractable steering wheel, now triggered by the seatbelt buckle fastening or releasing and not the Power button.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the new car. Its interesting they've improved the electric drive element to the car - didn't know they'd changed the 300h drive train at all.

I don't think they've changed anything physical, probably just a programming tweak.

I've noticed that the car will move off on electric even when the ICE is cold without me forcing EV mode. The previous model would fire-up the ICE within 10sec unless I pressed the EV mode. Will see if it also does so come the colder months.

They've also moved the EV indicator to a smaller curved icon within the circumference of the main meter, subtle...

• 4 weeks later...

Just done a good deal to exchange my 67 RC for a Takumi F Sport, Azure Blue.  I had tested one about 6 months ago and was impressed with the tweaks and the extras that come with Takumi upgrade.  Intend this one to be a keeper, well 5 years at least.  Probably..... Thoroughly happy with the first RC and Lexus customer service overall, and then to have a car that turns so many heads.  I've found myself taking the RC for spirited drives and leaving the RX8 behind on quite a few occasions as the driving pleasure is that good. Long live the RC, and onward and upwards Lexus.

• Like 1