Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi to all

I have just brought a 2008 GS 450h sport 2008 in black, the car ticks all the right boxes for what i am looking for, big/quiet/well built/creamy smooth engine etc

But I think i have brought a bad one as soon after buying the car the engine managment light came on, pd0017 camshaft sensor, (please not needing a timming chain) so will be fitting new sensors soon, but the ACT suspension light is on, so far Lexus has said it could cost thousands to fix, have been reading most of the forum chats but not much on the ACT suspension, has anyone had any problems, also was wondering if i could take out ASSS and put in coilovers or has anyone done such a thing. 

Want to keep the car but i fear it could be a money pit, any help is much appreciated

1 minute ago, phil450h said:

Hi to all

I have just brought a 2008 GS 450h sport 2008 in black, the car ticks all the right boxes for what i am looking for, big/quiet/well built/creamy smooth engine etc

But I think i have brought a bad one as soon after buying the car the engine managment light came on, pd0017 camshaft sensor, (please not needing a timming chain) so will be fitting new sensors soon, but the ACT suspension light is on, so far Lexus has said it could cost thousands to fix, have been reading most of the forum chats but not much on the ACT suspension, has anyone had any problems, also was wondering if i could take out ASSS and put in coilovers or has anyone done such a thing. 

Want to keep the car but i fear it could be a money pit, any help is much appreciated

Phil,Welcome.

Did you buy it privately or from a Motor Trader?

Motor trade, i understand that i have rights, am compiling all info first, such as history from resetting engine light, my garage has been helpful and suggested i go back to trader and threaten to take to court

1 minute ago, phil450h said:

Motor trade, i understand that i have rights, am compiling all info first, such as history from resetting engine light, my garage has been helpful and suggested i go back to trader and threaten to take to court

Thanks.

Please do not forget that the Trader has rights too, namely the right to make good at his expense the necessary repairs.

Please keep us all posted and be gentle with the Trader initially.

Welcome to the forum Philip and owning a vehicle that'll surprise a few folks.

I hope you get your issues sorted.

Meanwhile enjoy effortless oomph and try to get some pic's online / show off :yes:

Philip,

Does it really have ASSS? I thought this was a rare option in UK. It occupies the spare wheel well so if you have spare wheel you don't has ASSS.

It's been a long w/e and I may be dumber than usual but what is ACT suspension light?

John

Philip,

Thanks. I don't have ASSS and consequently don't have an ACT light either.

If I understand the ASSS system correctly it works on the roll bars not the suspension springs so replacing the springs and dampers would not fix the problem. Does the car drive OK or does it wallow in corners? If it drives OK perhaps live with warning light? Somebody else could perhaps advise if the ASSS could be removed completely.

On the other hand the seller might want to fix it.

John

Hi OldTrout

The ASSS system does seem pretty rare, hence my difficulty getting much information on it, there are motors that basically counter balance the anti roll bars etc when cornering hard, but the car handles and drive perfect, i just like to fix the problem as i like my cars to be perfect, but for now i will  live with the light on