Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam Fitting Issue

Lexus CT200h

I was trying to fit a Nextbase 422 hardwired to my CT200h but almost at the end of the fitting, the fitters told me the power from my hybrid Battery was too high for the dash cam. Still looking for another option for rear and front view dash cams as the one from Lexus is just for the front and way too expensive. Please can anyone help? Thank you.

14 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Find a different fitter! They shouldn't be wiring into the traction battery circuit. There will be a 12v accessory fuse for this sort of thing.

+1

They clearly have no idea.

Not sure how this particular camera is connected to power, but for front camera I would suggest using 12V to USB adapter connected to power behind light panel above rear view mirror - saves running a lot of cables and worked perfectly on my CT for over 5 years. Rear camera is quite straightforward as you have got 12V Battery in the boot, matter of finding acc on cable and connecting via relay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They're not bad actually. I had my 402G for over two years before accidentally sitting on it and yes, it did break easily then!

The worst thing about Nextbase cams is that they're big and if using a suction cup to mount it then it dangles down a fair way into the passenger's view and it's also visible from outside, which is what made me decide on the Viofo A119S as the successor to the Nextbase - very unobtrusive and can't be seen easily from outside:

camcable1.thumb.jpg.8884a90a22b54bfe621ce553867069f9.jpg

camcable2.jpg

I too am a fan of the Viofo models  - I had an A119 in my Volvo (replaced a mini 0801 which failed), A119Sv2 in my Leaf, A129 Duo in our GS450h and have another A129 Duo waiting to go into the Tesla. 

As Nemesis said, find a different fitter. What a load of twaddle!!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links