Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 minute ago, hockeyedwards said:

This was far more interesting than the Track Edition, forget LS swap... how about LX swap, sounded nuts!!!

Omg heard it fly past WOW JUST WOW 

Anyone got photos or videos of the Novel RC F?

I haven't seen any footage on YouTube and have only found 1 or 2 photos so far.

I did find a couple of videos on their Instagram page "novel_japan" but hope some better quality videos will materialise. 

Hello all, not been on here for a while.  Hope everybody is well.  I took this one yesterday at Goodwood not the best photo but struggled to get near the car.

IMG_3456.jpg

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately the RCF TE was as quiet as the electric cars when I watched it go up the hill on two occasions.  

If Lexus wanted to promote the car in the super car run they should have ensured it sounded good considering the company it was in.  

Strange because the LC 500 sounded great & I was looking forward to hearing the TE as everything I have read to date suggested it is also supposed to sound good 🙄63DA39D5-D816-4E38-83E2-BE067CCF2878.thumb.jpeg.60de1500c1aaea9a2f3b2944f53f772f.jpegDC93A9A8-3B4E-4669-A27A-70C65B221793.thumb.jpeg.05496cde4e5e714aa8dbea5a477c091c.jpegA couple of photos👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How to make your own track edition:

Buy 15 plate base model with torsen dif.

Buy sebon carbon bonnet

Buy a hideous rear wing and glue it on.

Take off lovely sounding quicksilver exhaust and fit an EU particle filter pipe that takes away power and ruins the torque curve (Not applicable in USA)

Vow to never take it on track due to cancellation of warranty rights. 

Pretend it's worth an extra £30,000 pounds for the tiny bits of engineering you can't see or notice.

Stop being so cynical :laughing:

I have to admit, I really don't like the looks of that rear wing... It seems like it's neither one thing or another. Lost the subtlety of the original but not big enough to make a real difference to rear downforce on the track. It's like Lexus really wanted to make an Evo version and then lost their nerve.

I'm still of the opinion that the track edition is more style (and not that good either) over substance. It can't be aimed at the serious track day owner because there are far, far better cars for the money.

As a person who has enjoyed track days for over 30 years I still say there are cars for the road and cars for the track. I've had two cars that I rate as good road cars and decent on track that was my RX7 (400BHP and light ) and a Porsche Boxster S with Carbon Ceramic brakes.

As I have said before for the sort of money you'd pay out for this car you could buy a good spec 2017 RCF and a dedicated track day car, you can insure the track day to get 12 days on track for the same sort of money it would cost to get one days cover for the RCF track edition and of course it won't matter if you land up in the kitty litter with a track day car but it could be very expensive with carbon ceramic discs on the RCF if you chip them.

4 hours ago, JonP said:

I have to admit, I really don't like the looks of that rear wing... It seems like it's neither one thing or another. Lost the subtlety of the original but not big enough to make a real difference to rear downforce on the track. It's like Lexus really wanted to make an Evo version and then lost their nerve.

The original gives a little extra stability at high speed I reckon but nothing useful at road speeds. Nice gimmick.  Keep it down to save fuel. 

2 minutes ago, Comedian said:

The original gives a little extra stability at high speed I reckon but nothing useful at road speeds. Nice gimmick.  Keep it down to save fuel. 

Reminds me of a very similar feature on a Corrado I once owned, the rear spoiler, significantly thinner/narrower than on the RCF, lifted up at just the right speed to to inform the world that the vehicle was rapidly approaching the speed limit. Didn't do much else though apart from look interesting.