Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

noticed the horn isn't working today.... most likely due to me removing the front bumper yesterday (for radiator change) ... but I have checked the connectors are all back in place.

I have checked the fuse, that is ok... but the relay seems to be part of a black box item called "front controller".  That box controls the washer fluid... that is working ok.

The bonnet switch is on the same loom, and that is working ok.  All other electrical items I can think of is working ok

so a bit puzzled.... any thoughts???

Did you put the horn (or horns? is there two?) back exactly where it was before you took everything apart?

It's just that I had a similar issue on my IS200 years ago when I wanted to relocate the horns so they wouldn't be visible behind the grille. After doing it, the horns didn't make any sound because they were no longer earthed properly.

• Like 1

I didn't move the horns, just disconnected the wires.... however, I did check the grounding today

I buzzed out both wires, don't get 12v on either.  I can't believe I broke both wires...especially as the thirst (which goes to the bonnet catch) work fine.

conclusion.....

went back today to re-work it with a clear head ..... the fuse that was ok yesterday was blown today! .... replaced that and I then got 12v on the wires.

Then took a file to the mountings scraped off the paint and put it back together... all good now (phew).  if it keeps working for the week, I'll put some waxoil onto the exposed parts.

So, yes, seems like they get so much grief, exposed at the front, those contacts need serious cleaning if you ever disturb them

• Like 1