Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing beeper sound dissapeared

Hello, got Lexus Is 250 SE auto. Got a problem that sound from reversing beeper dissapeared. It was working all fine, and then suddenly after a trip it doesn't work. I've only got reversing proximity sensors and it was emitting beeping noise closer I was getting to obstacle, also there was a beep sound when I put car in reverse, it doesn't do that sound either.  

I don't have navigation screen, radio works, and I never had green P light, and I don't see option to turn parking sensor on satellite switch. Any ideas what happened? Is there specific fuse to check? Thank you. 

Satellite switch details ( but ignore TPMS-Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, US only) and note Park Assist can only be adjusted with IGN-ON.

image.png

image.png

image.png

4 hours ago, Texas said:

Is your park assist actually turned ON? Should have a green icon in right side of dash if it is.

image.png

I believe my car  doesn't have park assist (I only have reverse proximity sensors with beeper, no visuals whatsoever), I never had that light and it was working, same on 220d I had, there was reverse proximity sensors but no P light. 

If any fuse supplying this circuit has indeed blown then it is likely that something else will now not be working also, as there are very few (low powered) circuits that have their own dedicated fuse. 

Have you read your owners manual if your car if different from manual posted above.

37 minutes ago, Texas said:

If any fuse supplying this circuit has indeed blown then it is likely that something else will now not be working also, as there are very few (low powered) circuits that have their own dedicated fuse. 

Have you read your owners manual if your car if different from manual posted above.

It's all sorted now. As I mentioned this Lexus doesn't have optional 'Park Assist' (as shown in manual) installed, however it does have LPA400 (Lexus parking assist) installed, possibly by previous owner. After finding manual on internet, manual mentions that 'optional button' to disable system can be installed in the trunk. After taking a look I found a button in the left side of a  trunk, probably got pressed accidently when I was on a trip with fully loaded trunk. I must say it's a terrible place for a button.  Anyway everything is working now. spacer.png

fkT87B2.jpg

So I guess the beeper is in the boot as well, as this would make installing this basic system real easy as I imagine it gets it power from the reversing lights ) when activated)

paul m

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links