Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot refuses to open

Just about to take some grass cuttings to the tip and the boot refuses to open, tried both remotes and pressing the rubber covered button on rear, nothing working. I guess it may be something simple like a fuse but the fuse box in the engine compartment doesn't want to open either or at least I don't know how to open it. Any advice?

Have you checked the glove box, my IS300H had a boot disable button to the right as your opened the glove box.

My daughter use to press it all the time, fun and games!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silkmen said:

Have you checked the glove box, my IS300H had a boot disable button to the right as your opened the glove box.

My daughter use to press it all the time, fun and games!

Thank you very much, sure enough it was that. Now I have to find the knob who pressed it, oh wait a minute, it could have been me.

• Haha 2

Yes, that'll be the 'Valet' button, caught me out once, only once though!

But...Going to the Tip in an RCF, Really?, Nooooooo!

paul m.

8 minutes ago, Texas said:

Yes, that'll be the 'Valet' button, caught me out once, only once though!

But...Going to the Tip in an RCF, Really?, Nooooooo!

paul m.

I used to go in my CL65, the only car that didn't have enough space for grass cuttings was my Lotus Esprit. I did get a permit to use one of my vans but at the tip the Tip Gestapo are on me like flies on **** and I'm told the new permits are £15 and you have to use the 12 visits in a year. Greedy councils, mind you it's trickle down from the Government i suppose.

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I used to go in my CL65, the only car that didn't have enough space for grass cuttings was my Lotus Esprit. I did get a permit to use one of my vans but at the tip the Tip Gestapo are on me like flies on **** and I'm told the new permits are £15 and you have to use the 12 visits in a year. Greedy councils, mind you it's trickle down from the Government i suppose.

agree with @Texas .......the tip in your F :ohmy:  For such trips everyone should have an IS300 Sportcross I say. Current cost of ownership per year for that I recon is running at less than a new set of tyres for my ISF.  :yes: