Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H towing mirrors

Hi All,

I need a pair of towing mirrors to fit to my RX400H for my summer holidays. Before I start researching which ones will fit and which won't,  I wonder if anyone here has any experience to share?

Oh, and if you have any to sell,  let me know!

Hi Peter, I have towed with a 400h and now with a 450h. When I had the 400h I used the Milenco Aero (teardrop shaped) mirrors and found them to be quite satisfactory. I now use the Milenco Grand Aero mirrors and these are even better giving a much wider view. Both fitted without any problems but I did have to have them secured to the bottom of the mirror casing to avoid the mirror fouling the clips when I select reverse. The Aero mirrors can be had for around £50 and the Grand Aero for around £80.

Hope this helps

Bri

• Like 1

I found on eBay a reversing camera "to fit on the rear of my caravan", and clip on internal mirror with video transmitter, and receiver for around £35 complete. The video internal mirror can be set with transposed picture to give the same perspective as an ordinary rear view mirror.
This gives extremely good rear vision, and only require a 12 volt supply to the camera, and the internal mirror making installation very easy. If the camera is mounted near the off side rear corner of the van cars can be seen overtaking, and appear in the standard mirrors without a blind spot. The camera works well at night having it's own infrared illumination. The camera, and transmitter uses very little current, and can be powered by a separate 12 volt Battery "such as a jumper pack" if required to save extra wiring to the caravan.

The mirror has the capability to take two cameras "one at a time" that can be switched from the mirror or a remote control supplied with the kit.

John.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to my local camping shop yesterday to try some mirrors.  I compared milenco aero and milenco falcon (would suit a star wars fan?).  Both fitted almost the same, but at about £20 saving, I decided upon the falcons. 

My mirrors are not both fitted the same. On the driver's side, the mirror is at the bottom of the housing, so the towing mirror clamps nicely at the top.  

On the passenger's side, the mirror is slightly higher. The larger gap to the housing is still at the top, but it is slightly too small for one of the towing mirror clamps.  I will need to fettle it a bit at the weekend to get a good fit.