Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swapping Sat Nav out for a double din UK LS400 98-2000

I have a 2000 UK LS400 and I'm looking to swap the Sat Nav unit out for a RHD climate control and a double din fascia kit.

I know how to do the wiring to bypass the amp etc.

The issue I have is that it appears none of the RHD climate controls are actually compatible with UK cars. I have an AUDM one which does not work (does, but not fully) and I haven't tried a JDM one yet.

People in the US have done this quite easily - the difference being that US cars appear to have 4 grey connectors that plug into the back of the climate control, whether they came with the Sat Nav or not, whereas UK cars only have 3 connectors. The AUDM control actually came with pigtails - all 4 of them, the wiring matches (in colour, but perhaps not function, finding an AUDM specific wiring diagram is difficult) on the 3 that are in the UK car but I assume the 4th (connector B on wiring diagrams) is causing the issues. I imagine the JDM one will be exactly the same.

I've yet to find someone successfully do this on a UK car and I don't even know if it possible? Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

I had always assumed that the USDM climate control would work as a substitute for the UKDM touchscreen when installing aftermarket head units. Good to know this is not the case!

I have had a UKDM 1998 LS400 and now have a JDM 1999 Celsior and the touchscreen and associated hardware in the boot are quite different (not just the language: screen is better, controls all laid out differently to UKDM and USDM, additional audio functions.) Sorry I can't be more help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links