Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying New Honda Crv

javaboss

Hi Everyone,

As you all know, I've got a year-old IS200 SE auto. My wife's Vauxhall Corsa is 3 years old in June and we have just put it up for private sale. Next week, we are going to visit our local Honda dealer to drive a CR-V.

My wife really likes CR-V's and we are planning to buy one if she likes it after a test drive. I know that some of the owners club members have CRV's. The advice I would like is this:

1) Is the CRV SE Executive worth the extra 2.5k? We don't need sat-nav, but would like leather and heated seats. We're not worried about the bigger alloys.

2) The SE Sport lists at 18.5k. WhatCar.com quotes an aim to pay price of £17.1k. Is this a realistic price to haggle down to? What have any CRV owners on this site paid?

Hope you guys can help me out!

Regards,

Neil.

My wife and I are off to test drive a CRV this afternoon...

27 views - no replies :crybaby: come on guys - I know that one of you owns an SE Executive... what do you think of it? Is it worth the extra 2.5 grand over an SE sport?

Will let you know how the Honda dealer measures up against Lexus when I get back... :P

Regards,

Neil.

depends what yuo want out of a car, but we looked at the crv for my wife as we wanted the internal space and liked the looks but the boot space wasnt all that. we ended up with a Colorado and are absolutely delighted with it. People are always put off by its size but it isnt really that big especially if you have the parking sensors.

They have excellent residual value compared with teh CRV as well if the mileage is right

Just got back...

Well, we decided that the SE Executive was for us...

We were offered £4000 trade in for my wife's 2001 Y reg Corsa with 13k on the clock.

List price for the Honda was £20918. Managed to get the chap down to £19500.

We wanted £989 worth of extras. I tried to get those for free as I know that superguard doesn't cost the dealer £299! I would have bought the car if he had gone for it, but he didn't. So....... we're going to try and sell the Corsa privately for £4950 ono over the next couple of weeks. If we sell it, we can then attempt to get those extras for free as we're not trading anything in! I have to make sure I get the *best* deal I can!

I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and the reasons we didn't go for the new Rav:

1) Not as big inside.

2) Doesn't seem as well put together.

3) Most importantly - the rear door doesn't open a *full* 90 degrees.

Regards,

Neil.

:blush: So sorry Javaboss, it's me that has the CR-V SE Exec. I've not been on LOC much over the past several weeks - been really busy and I'm currently in Washington.

A bit late now, but yes, I think the Exec is worth the extra - The heated seats are excellent and a must on leather (as we all know!) As for the Sat Nav, again, It's saved me a few times when trying to find somewhere.

Hope you enjoy it when you get it - I know we do. Mrs A loves it, and I've got to admit, we tend to use it more than the Lex for nights out / weekend's away.

What colour did you go for?

depends what yuo want out of a car, but we looked at the crv for my wife as we wanted the internal space and liked the looks but the boot space wasnt all that. we ended up with a Colorado and are absolutely delighted with it. People are always put off by its size but it isnt really that big especially if you have the parking sensors.

Good choice, I've always liked the Colorado.

RAV4

3) Most importantly - the rear door doesn't open a *full* 90 degrees.

Isn't there a different hinge you can get to make it do that? I think they make it that way so the reflector is not blocked when the door is opened.

Good choice, I've always liked the Colorado.

Looks like I will be getting rid of the IS later in year and the Land Cruiser (Colorado as it was called) is top of the list at the moment.

What colour did you go for?

The wife wants a silver one...

As soon as her Corsa is sold... you've probably seen my pleading advert :lol: Then I'll be buying the CR-V. It's not the cash as much as that I can't have 3 cars on my drive!

Why don't you try BuyYourHonda.co.uk they say

Honda CRV - Buyyourhonda can save you up to £1885 on New UK Honda CRV. Our prices cannot be beaten. All UK supplied. All cars delivered direct to your door, from Honda Franchised Garages.

click HERE and scroll down the page to choose Manual or Auto.

OR

Look at www.hondas-direct.co.uk

They say

All of our cars are UK supplied from Franchised Honda Dealerships.

We do not Import cars.

All of our Honda's come with a UK 3yr / 90k warranty and AA

assistance.

All of our cars come with 12 months RFL and first reg fee.

We can deliver to your doorstep or place of work.

All of our cars are brand new.

You are the first owner.

All cars supplied are the latest UK specification

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links