Recommended Posts

I am aware that this might be a bit of 'Needle in a Haystack' 😁but if you don't ask........

Wanted 2010+ ISF with a sunroof.

Preferred colours are : White, US Blue, Grey. In that order.

I am aware of all current cars for sale in the usual places ebay,auto trader, approved Lexus.PH

So if you are thinking about moving yours on then drop me a message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel for you. I set my heart on a 2011 onwards ISF about September last year, the problem was I wasn’t going to have the funds until April 1st. Over the winter last year there was plenty of choice. From what I recall on Autotrader there were two dark platinum ones in Cardiff and London and two blue ones in Scotland. These stayed on the market for weeks before they were sold. There was also one in Belfast that sold quickly. And the red one that is still on the market. But by April 1st it was just the red one left and since then that overpriced blue one. I was advised on this forum to check out RCFs which can be had for similar money and that worked out well for me. Could it work for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Charliecloud said:

I am aware that this might be a bit of 'Needle in a Haystack' 😁but if you don't ask........

Wanted 2010+ ISF with a sunroof.

Preferred colours are : White, US Blue, Grey. In that order.

I am aware of all current cars for sale in the usual places ebay,auto trader, approved Lexus.PH

So if you are thinking about moving yours on then drop me a message

Apart from the sunroof, there's one that meets your needs put on by a member here yesterday. Also has the newer alloys on it. It's at a very keen price too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2011 car just appeared on auto trader. £18,495. No mention of sunroof though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the mileage, it may be my old car, which doesn’t have a sunroof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ones with a sunroof are ultra rare on an already rare model. 

Feel free to take a look at mine in the for sale section... the air con is ice cold so you might not miss the sunroof!

 

Vijay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi my 2010 black isf LX51SFX is for sale at Lexus Hedge End Southampton for £20950 i p/ex it for a 2011 isf recently

It is a black one 61000 miles i had it for 4years it is a great car fsh all done by Hedge End it is only advertised at the moment on their website hope this info is helpful for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just part exchanged mine at Milton Keynes Lexus. KM11EFO.USB, white leather, 49500 miles, full Lexus history. Infinity exhaust. No roof though. Well known forum car.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember saying this when I was looking for an ISF last year but it’s a pity so so many get part exchanged back to dealers without at least trying the private market.

I totally understand why you guys do it, it’s so much less hassle, but when it takes what would be a well loved ISF out of my price range (due to a dealers mark-up), it is gutting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I remember saying this when I was looking for an ISF last year but it’s a pity so so many get part exchanged back to dealers without at least trying the private market.

I totally understand why you guys do it, it’s so much less hassle, but when it takes what would be a well loved ISF out of my price range (due to a dealers mark-up), it is gutting!

It's definitely less hassle, in my case it was also a good deal, as the dealer offered a chunk more trade in and bigger discount than Lexus would, plus all the messages I've seen from people looking for cars cited characteristics that my car didn't have, for example sunroof, or mileage or colour etc..

So I decided there was little point in selling it privately..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, alter ego said:

Hi my 2010 black isf LX51SFX is for sale at Lexus Hedge End Southampton for £20950 i p/ex it for a 2011 isf recently

It is a black one 61000 miles i had it for 4years it is a great car fsh all done by Hedge End it is only advertised at the moment on their website hope this info is helpful for you.

 

It looks good. 

ride quality much improved? 2010 vs 2011? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo it is a slightly better ride and it is nice to have the "magic " sport button on the steering wheel!! Dab radio is good also. But it is hard to improve on such a brilliant car anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PRT68 said:

I've just part exchanged mine at Milton Keynes Lexus. KM11EFO.USB, white leather, 49500 miles, full Lexus history. Infinity exhaust. No roof though. Well known forum car.

Hi did you part exchange it with the stock exhaust as well? I gather from the post in 2018, Mark G supplied the stock exhaust as well when he sold it.

thanks

Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PRT68 said:

I've just part exchanged mine at Milton Keynes Lexus. KM11EFO.USB, white leather, 49500 miles, full Lexus history. Infinity exhaust. No roof though. Well known forum car.

Thanks for heads up. Still looking for the 'right' car. It's not showing on there website yet. I hope they will change the tyres out 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been in touch. Its priced at 26k. They dun have the stock exhaust.

Not far off from the 13 plate one on autotrader which has some margin of negotiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cactus said:

I have been in touch. Its priced at 26k. They dun have the stock exhaust.

Not far off from the 13 plate one on autotrader which has some margin of negotiation.

It's a 2010 MY model car registered in May 2011. Have seen a video and it looks a nice car, bit strong on the money IMO 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still had the Infinity exhaust on it. Mark still kept the stock one. 

As regards tyres, they were fitted just before I bought it. Bridgestone Potenzas. I only did 4000 miles at MOT time, when the cracking was picked up. Fronts had 7mm and rears 6mm!! The manufacture date on the sidewalls was very late 2016. I contacted Bridgestone and they said to send photos, but I didn't bother. Was going to get a bit of money's worth out of them and replace before the next test. They're safe according to Bridgestone. Googling shows there have been recalls in the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charliecloud said:

It's a 2010 MY model car registered in May 2011. Have seen a video and it looks a nice car, bit strong on the money IMO 😁

I agree $$$. Might take a look at the one down in bournemouth on autotrader 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cactus said:

I agree $$$. Might take a look at the one down in bournemouth on autotrader 😁

Check if they have done the 100k service, it needed it when I traded the car in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonP said:

Check if they have done the 100k service, it needed it when I traded the car in. 

Hi thanks. Did the car had much issue? I gather you traded it for RCF.  

I have spoken to the staff already about this car, he seem very nice and helpful, and quite knowledgeable on lexus cars. 

I dun mind who does the service, my priority is getting the extended warranty, and i gather lexus would want to do the service/check it before that can be issued.

trying to work out how this should best be done 🤔

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I traded it. Needed a valet, a service and an mot when it went in. Front brakes had a bit of flutter, service would probably sort that. Otherwise, nothing significant that I noticed. 

Lexus need to inspect before renewing the warranty. I had one on the car but I think it had lapsed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I've taken the decision to sell my 2012 grey ISF - non sunroof model. The car's in great condition throughout with 52k miles. It's currently advertised on Autotrader (link below). It's been a great car but it's not seeing the use. If anybody would like more information or pictures drop me an email. 

Thanks,

mark

 https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907310665794?utm_source=triggered_emails%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=email_a_friend)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 289 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old