Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New rcf review video

Watched that a last night, he doesn't like the gearbox ratios much, which I get if you want to be in a hurry, but other than that, quite complimentary.. It's actually a pretty balanced review, I think. He's probably right about the TVD not being predictable when the car is at it's limits, but as I'm never going to Track mine, so far the TVD seems to control the back end better than the mechanical LSD did on my ISF, so I'm happy with that...

Good honest review, I agree about the gearing being long but I like the fact that it is as I use mine in manual most of the time and find 2nd and 3rd a pleasure to be in on a twisty road.

It's good to see reviews like this because that walking willy dopey whining Dozy Doug from the States seems to get a lot of plays on Youtube.

1 hour ago, JonP said:

Watched that a last night, he doesn't like the gearbox ratios much, which I get if you want to be in a hurry, but other than that, quite complimentary.. It's actually a pretty balanced review, I think. He's probably right about the TVD not being predictable when the car is at it's limits, but as I'm never going to Track mine, so far the TVD seems to control the back end better than the mechanical LSD did on my ISF, so I'm happy with that...

What I said about TVD was that it technically give you a faster lap time if in correct settings - but when it came out and it was new the 20 minute test drive journalists didn't have time to understand it. Also different setting make car feel different. I'm a mechanical technician and just trust a Torsen diff more than the complex (yet very clever) TVD. It also saves 50kg if I recall?

I would suggest people watch a video on how a Torsen works verses a normal diff. 

Quite fascinating and relatively simple compared to other LSDs. A bit like comparing an e-CVT with a conventional automatic? Fewer components, less wear potential. Worth reading the top comment by techdaemon in the section below the video..

• Like 1