The bonnet of my GSF was  bombed today by some seagulls and despite  me removing their excrement within 20 minutes, it has left a significant amount of damage to my bonnet, which was otherwise in perfect condition 😡. The car has a ceramic coating on which was placed by the dealer which apparently has a ‘life time guarantee’ against bird poo damage but I am very disappointed that the paint has been damaged so easily. Our previous IS250 and RX450 have been hit by seagulls on multiple occasions with out any damage. I guess Artic Pearl is more forgiving than Sonic Titanium. I will see what the ‘guarantee’ will offer. 🤞🏾

I had the same on my boot lid on the ceramic coated Sonic Red RC. Took it to the dealership and they arrange for the boot lid to be polished and recoated. 

• Like 1

Ah, "Bird Poo Etching"; my favourite part of 'Take Hart'... 😉

• Like 2

I use 3m ultrafina se to remove marks. However I don't have ceramic coating.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Meguiars.... Compound then polish, then a decent carnauba wax. Sorted. 

Get lots of this as we live and park next to lots of trees. 

Plenty of carnauba wax, never any issues, the poop just comes straight off with water. 

Current faves are, Collinite Marque d'elegance as the main barrier and Dodo Juice light fantastic (at its best on silver and white) for the shine. Never any bird poo issues at all despite plenty of perpetrators 🦅🦅

The more I read about ceramic coating the less bothered I am about it. 

• Like 3

I've heard by using a heat gun removes the etching

1 hour ago, Chris.S said:

I've heard by using a heat gun removes the etching

I too have heard about this from the car detailing forums. I was very skeptical and if I’m being honest, I don’t think I would risk damaging the paint using a heat gun or even a hair dryer. However the car has been stood in the sun over the weekend and the etch markings have been dramatically reduced. I first noticed this yesterday evening and there has been another improvement today. You can only see the damage when looking horizontally across the bonnet from the passenger side. The company who the body care guarantee is with  do not open until tomorrow morning so I haven’t contacted them yet. The problem is now that it’s so faint, its going to be hard to show them when they turn up. I think I will wait a few more days to see if there is anymore improvement. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thank you to everyone for their comments.