Recommended Posts

Hi Guy's. 

I need to replace one of my Air struts as the car is very rough on the road.

 

Any places other than the main dealer for replacement as they are €1000 per corner. 

 

Thanks  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are some used shocks on ebay ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

there are some used shocks on ebay ?

I see that Mark but they could be just as worn! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try the Arnott shocks from Rockauto, £460 plus shipping, the problem being you would probably need to replace the pair, although not such a bad idea.                            Looking online it may just be worth an email: info@ArnottEurope.com

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

Cheers but I can get it from the main dealer for that price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys

Just discovered there's a depot of Amayama in Wales !

No idea what their pricing is like compared to directly importing from Amayama Japan though

Malc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Malc said:

Hey guys

Just discovered there's a depot of Amayama in Wales !

No idea what their pricing is like compared to directly importing from Amayama Japan though

Malc

A link please as Google didn`t show it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I searched lady google she popped up with

www.amayama.com

and just progressed from there  ( on my phone rather than on my desktop computer to be fair )

Malc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malc said:

when I searched lady google she popped up with

www.amayama.com

and just progressed from there  ( on my phone rather than on my desktop computer to be fair )

Malc

I had a look but could only find them in New South Wales!😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh dear, maybe it's me then :no2:

but I could swear it was the UK Wales ................  my dotage, sorry guys

Malc

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was working in Perth Scotland once and managed to order a pizza from Perth Australia!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malachy said:

Cheers but I can get it from the main dealer for that price!

I think that is the price from LPD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know can these be opened up or are they a sealed init.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone try Aliexpress or Alibaba for them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachy said:

Anyone try Aliexpress or Alibaba for them? 

I think just the fact these cars are rare and that shocks replacement is also rare, it'll be hard to find someone who has ordered them from anywhere. Did you try Arnott?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 8:53 PM, The-Acre said:

I think just the fact these cars are rare and that shocks replacement is also rare, it'll be hard to find someone who has ordered them from anywhere. Did you try Arnott?  

Yep they were more expensive than Toyota! I'll order them from there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Yep they were more expensive than Toyota! I'll order them from there!

I don't know how it would work with shipping etc but Arnott shocks are £400ish from Rockauto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few thoughts.

1. You want OEM ride and durability, then it's dig deep time for Toyota shocks.££££

2. BC make coilovers for the LS460. £. 

3. Install non-air OEM shocks, springs, top hats etc as the 460 in SWB form came with normal springs shocks in some markets. ££

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

A few thoughts.

1. You want OEM ride and durability, then it's dig deep time for Toyota shocks.££££

2. BC make coilovers for the LS460. £. 

3. Install non-air OEM shocks, springs, top hats etc as the 460 in SWB form came with normal springs shocks in some markets. ££

Certainly converting to conventional coil suspension is the cheapest option.  And I know my LS430 doesn't feel any better than my MK4 LS400 did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across a place called lexus breakers, it seems they probably buy lexus write offs maybe other non write offs, I dont need anything but find it a useful site to see what goes if needed, in Lancs anyone tried them for anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Greer said:

I came across a place called lexus breakers, it seems they probably buy lexus write offs maybe other non write offs, I dont need anything but find it a useful site to see what goes if needed, in Lancs anyone tried them for anything

Have you a link please Alan ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest Lexus Donors

Makes you cry to see some of those cars, but at least they are going to keep other Lexi running.

Never heard of them before, but good to know about

Their Blog page seems to have full lsit of models they have acquired Blog page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you a link please Alan ?

 

4 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Latest Lexus Donors

Makes you cry to see some of those cars, but at least they are going to keep other Lexi running.

Never heard of them before, but good to know about

Ditto, good to know. I've never heard of them either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 312 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old