Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone found a cheap way to lower yet?

I've just had the same issue with mine. Hunted high and low and everywhere inbetween including having springs made, but in the end I bit the bullet and bought BC Racing coilovers for £680 because even having springs made was going to cost over £300 and the hassle involved just didn't make sense.

The major irritation was if I'd had an earlier UCF10 or a later LS430 you can get budget coilovers for circa £230, but for some unknown reason, the UCF20 is not covered!

The big plus though is that the BC's are very good.

36 minutes ago, Greer said:

all petrol & diesel cars are running into obsolescence against electric

but that's probably only in the european and nordic nations maybe Japan too

the rest of the world is taking all our old and  " muscle " cars and the USA is happily still buying V8s etc

Not at all certain the concept of saving the planet by going all electric cars has passed muster in the rest of the world tbh

Malc

My council will be lifting my parking permit charge from £90 to £300 in October because the car is older than 2000. Lots of greenwashing taxes to come.

5 hours ago, Greer said:

same as they are in London

my ancient Ls400 is actually now banned in the centre of London ( and Paris I believe ? )  ............  I'm proscribed from paying the new extra charges ....  oh dear, I shan't make that once in a lifetime trip in my car then !

Delhi, where I have my Office, they tried alternate odd/even number plates on alternate weeks to curb congestion and pollution ............. failed miserably, totally ignored by everybody  ( Delhi popln of 26.5mn people )

Electric cars might get developed properly there too BUT I doubt it's going to be in my lifetime ( I am old btw :whistling: )

Electric cars are great yes, The new UK concept of worrying about the rubber left on the roads from tyre wear and brake dust is also going to be an interesting development methinks

Malc

2 hours ago, Greer said:

Phil, I did not meant that charge, I meant the congestion charges we have here in London & which are being extended in 2021 to include anyone owning a 14 year old plus car inside the North circular, that is on top of parking permit charges which vary in each borough & might vary within that borough depending on individual zones

I know. It will be in addition to all the other green levies like the congestion charge, ULEZ, fuel duty etc. Green will cover a lot of new taxes.

As with all such problems, it's not caused by cars, old or new, it's caused by people. Too many people. People Produce Pollution, even if it's just their personal exhaust gases.
As for lowering the car, I've never seen the point personally, not with speed bumps everywhere and the pothole proliferation of recent years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

As with all such problems, it's not caused by cars, old or new, it's caused by people. Too many people. People Produce Pollution, even if it's just their personal exhaust gases.
As for lowering the car, I've never seen the point personally, not with speed bumps everywhere and the pothole proliferation of recent years.

The point is that the car will look better. I don't want it too low - just a light drop. I don't like to see too much air between the arch and the tyre.