Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k service sheet?

You will need to have a read through this. It is the second column under 2yr/20k check the wording as a lot of it is not applicable for the 60k service.

I have also put a link below for the correct service items for a 60k service. If you click on the Drop Down box into Major Service this is the correct service for your vehicle.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is-f/lexus-is-f-2007-2014/engine-service-kits/lexus-is-f-service-kit/

Included in this service:
10 Litres of 5W30 Oil for Petrol Vehicles (5 Litres Free)
Oil Filter
Sump Plug Washer
Pollen Filter
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
(Recommended for 60,000 miles)

image2019-07-15-110214.pdf

Are you doing this service yourself as the ‘Renew spark plugs (x8 obs!) is the biggie in the 60k service as the labour racks up.

paul m.

Anyone had lexus do the service but provided the service kit themselves?

I've known other brands be ok with this and it usually knocks £100 off the price which would be handy as I am due the 10 year/100k service next.

I bet Lexus would be very reluctant to fit custom supplied non genuine parts, standing by to be corrected.

paul m

• 3 weeks later...

I’d be surprised if they do tbh

they have to give 12month warranty on “parts” and labour. If they don’t supply they possibly won’t fit due to the law and warranty being void BUT very enforceable in a court of law if they did fit them.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so Lexus Bolton will do the service for 350 if I supply the service kit. However they agreed to price match what it was going to cost me separately and agreed to £500 all in.

One more point, the service kits on Lexus parts don’t quite match the schedule. For the 100k I needed to buy the intermediate service kit and then 7 litres of coolant separately. @LexusPartsDirect Might be worth you offering that as a kit as I don’t need the spark plugs for this service.