Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why I Drive a Lexus

Was overtaken on the M5 northbound yesterday morning near Worcester South Junction when I was overtaken by a 2017  white Range Rover Evoque. 

No badges to indicate whether it was petrol or diesel, but it was leaving the biggest trail of blue oil smoke I've seen in a long time. 

I think it was probably in its 'death throes'. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Was overtaken on the M5 northbound yesterday morning near Worcester South Junction when I was overtaken by a 2017  white Range Rover Evoque. 

No badges to indicate whether it was petrol or diesel, but it was leaving the biggest trail of blue oil smoke I've seen in a long time. 

I think it was probably in its 'death throes'. 

I love the latest Land Rover / Range Rovers from a drive and style perspective (although they have gone a bit 'new money' recently) but they're ruined by shoddy build and poor reliability. Such a shame. Had a work colleague who went to work for them - some of his stories of build and design issues were incredible! 

I don't think Land Rover have ever made a good car - they're a bit like VW, in such that they have a loyal cult of owners who do a lot of PR-type cover-ups for them, when in reality they're quite bad for cost vs reliability.