Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Issues

I have the standard navigation system and I'm starting to pull my hair out as it keeps flipping changing the map!  

I prefer 3D Heading Up.  So in I go to Menu-Setup-Navigation-Maps and change it to my preference.  Start navigation no issue.  Next time I want to nav somewhere else, it's changed back to 2D North Up!  I am fully aware by the way that the Home screen will show 2D.

It's been back to the dealer once and they carried out a software update...  This seemed to cure it for a short while, but now it's gone back to its normal irratating ways.  MEH

I have now been able to speak with both Lexus Cust Relations and a Master Tech at my Dealer and they have both come to the conclusion that this is 'normal'.  So every time I set to nav somewhere, I have to then change the map back to 3D.  Why won't it stay put?  The menu options are there, so it suggests I have a choice.

Is anyone else experiencing issues?

Please let me know, and then report it ASAP to your dealer so it helps to gather un happiness.  If lots of people shout, Lexus will have to do something.

• 2 weeks later...

My UX F Sport navigation does the same, go to setting and set it for 2D Heading and it will always revert back to 2D North. Sometimes it will stay on 2D Heading for a couple of times but will always end up on 2D North. I have never had this with other Lexus and Toyota cars I have owned.

Any ideas from Toyota or anyone??

Phil

report it, report it, report it.  To your dealer and Lexus Customer Relations. The more that shout out about it, the sooner the fix will happen.  I did the same and have been told there is a software fix coming soon.  Not sure how soon, soon is...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, just getting the hang of my new F-Sport and the many awesome features. One thing I can't sus out is how to get into speed limits config under navigation. I'm sure I've used it before but it's now always greyed out!

I've tried with the car in Park, connected to my phone WiFi hotspot, but the speed limits menu option is  always greyed out. 

Any ideas? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus customer services kindly replied stating the following which makes sense.

As your vehicle is equipped with Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), you are unable to turn on the speed limits on the Navigation System. The main reason for this is to stop any discrepancies from the Navigation and the TSR system showing different speed limits at one time, as it is more likely for the GPS data to be inaccurate.