Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DAB RADIO LIMITED

Hi, So I got my 19 plate Lexus IS last month and when I re-scan the DAB radio, all I get is the BBC Channels. I live close to Birmingham so it's not like I'm out in the sticks. Plus I have already driven all over the country in the car and everywhere I go the best I can get is all the BBC stations. No LBC, Radio X, Talk sport or anything!! Am I missing an obvious trick???

Best Regards

Bored off RADIO 2

Don't worry. The DAB radio is just very badly designed. A pity on a car where most other things are very nicely designed.

Have a look at this discussion from earlier this year

It's possible that the 19 plate model is different from the earlier ones. But if not, you should be able to find the answer after reading through the discussion.

If you're still stuck, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

I dont have too many problems with the DAB radio in our 2015 IS300h.  It's fiddly to store stations in memory, but apart from

that it seems to be OK.  I listen mostly to TalkRadio (or BBC5x if there's cricket on) and had good reception from Essex to Lincolnshire.

There was the odd spot where the signal dropped out, but not for long.  It could be awkward trying to tune into another local station while

driving. You need a passenger who know how to do it.  Bring back the old Harry Moss   AM/FM radio  🙂

5 hours ago, Thackeray said:

Don't worry. The DAB radio is just very badly designed. A pity on a car where most other things are very nicely designed.

Have a look at this discussion from earlier this year

It's possible that the 19 plate model is different from the earlier ones. But if not, you should be able to find the answer after reading through the discussion.

If you're still stuck, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

I was fine with the DAB radio in my 2014is300h and 2015 GS300h (both ML), but the ML DAB radio in my 2015 RX450h is hopeless. 

Tuning is a nightmare and it doesn't display tracks playing like the previous cars. 

Hey ho...