Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Budget tyre replacement

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, inchley313 said:

" I have to shout from the hilltops once again just how good a tyre the Jinyu YS82 is!!"

The Jinyu was top of my list and there were some LingLongs on the list as well, but I couldn't get a set at a reasonable price and my usual suppliers didn't stock them. In the end I went for the Three-A's as the best compromise between listed performance and cost. Not having used Blacklions before, I could only go off the rated performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpaulx said:

Michelin cross climate or primacy 4 verdicts I need new tyres 

Lots of people on here like the Cross Climates and you may be able to find good deals on the price. Personally I've got Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 2 all round and they're equally as good as the CCs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xpaulx said:

Michelin cross climate or primacy 4 verdicts I need new tyres 

I had a set of Primacy 4s on my GS300h and they were very good. Cross Climates now on my RX which have done 21000 miles and wearing evenly. Between 3.6 and 4mm on fronts and 6.5 mm on rear at service 2 weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone is running 18" wheels, I am, there is on eBay 4 cross climates 235 65 18 XL for £405 delivered, there's a 10% discount code. Should arrive for me next week. At £101 a tyre that's excellent. I know most will be running 19", i had bought a set of wheels and tyres from an RX200T owner who 'upgraded' to 20" wheels. Have Dunlop Sport Maxx on them but fancy a bit more snow capability.

2 hours ago, Keeling54 said:

I just had a couple of Avon ZX7's fitted, early days yet but so far so good. A rated for wet and 69db for noise. Time will tell how well they wear.

I had Avon ZX7s all round on my RX300 when I had it - excellent tyres.