B1RMA

Looks like an alternative N/A V8 engined car will be with us

It looks like Chevrolet are introducing a mid engined N/A V8 Corvette for all us N/A V8 lovers. I expect it will be a bit 'plasticy' and have a cheap interior compared to the RCF/GSF but it does look tempting to me.

RHD?

Having driven the current gen stingray, i think that Chevy have long since dispensed with the cheap plastic interiors. I was shocked how good the interior was. Leather and soft touch everywhere I felt. Very impressed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

Having driven the current gen stingray, i think that Chevy have long since dispensed with the cheap plastic interiors. I was shocked how good the interior was. Leather and soft touch everywhere I felt. Very impressed.

That's good to hear as I was a bit put off by the interior quality of the Mustang and thought maybe at this price point compromises may have to be on the quality of the interior.

5 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

That's good to hear as I was a bit put off by the interior quality of the Mustang and thought maybe at this price point compromises may have to be on the quality of the interior.

You’ll be pleased to hear It’s nothing like the Mustang, it’s on another level imho. I loved the interior, I must admit, Chevy are outdoing Ford BIG time as far as I’m concerned. I wouldn’t say it’s quite Lexus or Audi, but it kicks Fords *****. If they did a RHD at a reasonable price, I’d seriously consider one, but the luggage space is a killer for me.

Besides, I love my new toy 😍

That's not really a fair comparison - the Mustang starts at $26395 and the Corvette starts at $55900. The Camaro is the equivalent Chevy to the Mustang. 

US prices

Corvette USD 59k - Cayman 718 4 cyl. 59k - 911 carrera S 113K - Lotus Evora 400 95k - Merc AMG GT coupe 113k - Nissan GTR Pure 100K.

I'm going to phone some Chevrolet dealers today to ask about putting a deposit on one. I'm not sure if this will change but there doesn't seem to be many dealers in my area. Still I'll do some phone calls and see what the situation is. I've always loved the very early stingrays but this is what perhaps Lotus should have made, as I have sort of missed my Esprit V8, maybe not the bills for stupid things like mixed metal unions and general suspect build quality and so on and so on.

Looks great from most angles but not liking the back end..  0-60 in under 3 sec!😳

Got to talk to an authorised outlet in Surrey, it looks like realistically mid 2021 for delivery I'm guessing £80K+ and a £2.5K deposit puts you on the list.

Food for thought, I really like my RCF and usually only keep my cars for a year but I'd be quite happy to keep the RCF until the new Corvette arrives decisions, decisions eh!

38 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Indeed it does, plus it has vented seats so that's the decision made for me.

I have always been a bit sceptical as to the quality of USA vehicles interiors in general. A good friend of mine bought an enormous and expensive RV and inside the fake wood and general finish looked utter rubbish for a vehicle of it's price. But having recently looked inside at it again I realise that it did look cheap but wasn't, insofar it was made of good quality materials they just looked cheap.

It does look stunning, and the interior as well. I’m racking my brains to think if the Americans have ever built any other mid-engined cars, successfully?

Ford GT seems to have done alright critically and commercialy?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, that’s a good example !

Thanks