Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I guess I'm just getting old!

20 minutes ago, Farqui said:

That's a great ad, the car hasn't got an ECU and hasn't run in 2 years (since he acquired the car) !

Is definitely a project that one.

It turns over by hand though!

26 minutes ago, Daveyboy20 said:

I squeezed a 300bhp Nissan turbo engine into my Ford Capri so I'm quite partial to a bit of Frankenmotoring...

I know but it shouldn't be done to such a fine carriage surely 😟

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I know but it shouldn't be done to such a fine carriage surely 😟

Can't see why not? I mean - the styling's a bit marmite but the turbo v8 can't be sniffed at! The LS400 is legendary but it's not perfect; just try opening the centre armrest when there's a drink in the cupholder.... or drive off after a rainstorm with the window down! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daveyboy20 said:

Why not? 

I'm afraid you're posting in forum full of LS purists so you may not get too many agreeing with you!

When one considers the 1 Billion dollars and the thousands of artisans and engineers that were gathered together to produce the LS400 over a seven year development there cannot be any justification in someone coming along and defiling same as shown in the pics at the beginning of this topic.

It is tantamount to defacing the Mona Lisa or graffiting the war memorial.

• Like 1

Not my cup of tea, but I totally get why some people do this sort of thing.

I do wonder what you could make a LS400 do if you engineered it to the hilt and then put it around the Nurbugring.

i fully appreciate why one would transform any car to ones liking as long as it is done with respect to the car and the engineering behind it.  This looks like a can of old armypaint was used in the scrapyard where coincidentally some old turbos, wheels, and other parts were lying around. Just wreck the car and lets have some fun on the way.

Below is what i mean..   ( but then again, taste is personal).

Gerelateerde afbeelding

The example is a superb enhancement and there are lots of Japanese owners who have done some fabulous upgrades of early Celsiors but the drift example is a dogs dinner in the extreme and the person who did it should be prosecuted for cruelty to a  Lexus LS400 and banned from ever owning one again.

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

i fully appreciate why one would transform any car to ones liking as long as it is done with respect to the car and the engineering behind it.  This looks like a can of old armypaint was used in the scrapyard where coincidentally some old turbos, wheels, and other parts were lying around. Just wreck the car and lets have some fun on the way.

Below is what i mean..   ( but then again, taste is personal).

Gerelateerde afbeelding