Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220D 06 MAP DVD UNABLE TO READ DATA

Hi, anyone know what could have went wrong with my navigation, it's over one week now and it keep saying "Unable to read data. Check if the map DVD is correct." and it doesn't play dvd anymore like it usually does. 

Can anyone help me out? 

The SatNav system DVD and the multimedia ( music & movies) DVD are read by two seperate DVD readers!

Firstly check that the SatNav DVD has not been accidentally ejected and is now not in its correct drive ( the one behind the digital clock)

satnav disc may be corrupt so might be time to get an up to date one.

has any work been done on car to coincide with this failure of two seperate components?

paul m.

• Thanks 1

Thanks paul for the clarification with the separate DVD reader, since the issue start at the same time that's why I thought they had something to do with each other. 

I managed to remove the satNav DVD behind the digital clock and insert another satnav dvd  I had but got the same "Unable to read data. Check if the map DVD is correct."

No work has been done on the car other than the engine maintenance but it was working fine even after that.

what else can I do? 

Thank you.

If you have tried a different ( known to be good!) satnav DVD and it is still unable to read it then the next suggestion would be to use a DVD lens cleaner before thinking about replacing the drive unit.

paul m

• Thanks 1