Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which brand/model of windscreen wiper blades do forum members prefer? I need a set for my GS300 model year 2007 (and a set for my wife's Honda Jazz model year 2005). I just did a quick search on Google for reviews, carbuyer.co.uk and autoexpress.co.uk both suggest 1st choice Bosch Aerotwin with a rating of 5/5, 2nd choice Aerowiper with a rating of 4/5, 3rd choice Trico ExactFit with a rating of 4/5. All with one adaptor apparently to fit any vehicle. Have any of you used these ones or is there a specific Lexus one (Honda one). Just want some guidance so that I don't waste money on inferior ones. Also where best to buy from, I've seen somewhere on this forum suggested eurocarparts and carparts4less. Thanks.

initially i used to buy Lexus / Toyota wiper rubbers and they lasted very very well, about 3/4 years and 30/40k miles

This last set lasted less than a year............ .  and about £28 ?  so the simple option was to have my indy, who has been looking after my Ls400s for 12 years now, use his own cheapo supplied wiper rubbers .....  about £8.50 at the last service in May .........  they are doing well and if they only last the year then that's fine by me

I think buying the OEM from Lexus/Toyota just might be quite ancient stock to specifically fit my 1995 car :whistling:

Malc

• Thanks 1

On the ECP website I entered my reg. number and it identified my 2007 GS300 correctly but the Denso Hybrid Blades suggested are 20" Left and 24" Right. No problem with the Right one as my exiting one measures 23 5/8" so I think that's probably close enough, but my existing Left one measures 18 3/4" and they suggest 20" which is 1 1/4" longer. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Just wondering if the 20" and 24" figures are approximate?

I'm not sure about the sizes for your mk2 without checking around but here's what i installed, 24" and 19" - somewhere in the middle for you?

d040d3896cb2e9090eacb4ccc949724b.jpg&key=a7077a1b9729455bb485055f6cd0ea4b0772ceb6ea762f38ec742314d9333779

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JeffL said:

On the ECP website I entered my reg. number and it identified my 2007 GS300 correctly but the Denso Hybrid Blades suggested are 20" Left and 24" Right. No problem with the Right one as my exiting one measures 23 5/8" so I think that's probably close enough, but my existing Left one measures 18 3/4" and they suggest 20" which is 1 1/4" longer. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Just wondering if the 20" and 24" figures are approximate?

Id measure your existing blades, then just search through wiper blades on ECP without putting your reg in and buy the correct size.

By going on what you're saying, you need the 24" and 19" blades

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your help. I've now found the 19" ones. I've two options from ECP at vey similar prices. Denso Hybrid 19"/24" pair at £20.34 or Bosch AeroTwin Retrofit 19"/24" pair at £18.69 with the current discount MID60 code.

Thanks everyone for your help. I've now found the 19" ones. I've two options from ECP at vey similar prices. Denso Hybrid 19"/24" pair at £20.34 or Bosch AeroTwin Retrofit 19"/24" pair at £18.69 with the current discount MID60 code.

If the Bosch aerotwin retrofit are like the ones I tried on my Corrado, the universal connector looked utter sh1te. The cheaper eBay ones looked way better and worked perfectly. No idea what the denso ones look like though.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links