Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Late deliveries are on their way

Habu

After ordering an ES at the beginning of March and being informed collection mid July, my car (and most other people’s ES cars) went back to mid September collection but nothing confirmed.  Well, my ES finally sailed on the 17 July with a estimated arrival at Royal Portbury on the 16 August and collection early September.  It is on the Horizon Leader.  Next stop is the Suez Canal on the 5 August.

I know of 4 car carriers that docked in Japanese ports in the last week including the Horizon Leader.  All 4 are calling in at Royal Portbury between 16 and 23 of August. The other ships are Grand Pavo, Guardian Leader and Elegant Ace.

So, if people are waiting for their late running ES model there’s a good chance it’s now sailed and on its way.

As NemesisUK says, MarineTraffic is the only one that works around the World but there are dark areas where they could be little to no coverage for a few days or hours depending on the ship’s proximity to the coastline.  You need to ask Lexus UK (via Twitter is a good start) and they will check the details of which ship it’s on.  Lexus UK may need to contact your dealer for order details that you may not have.

SH20, take your pick as the following car carriers are due into Royal Portbury around the 1st August:

Autosun, Fedora, Hough Singapore, Antares Leader and Victory Leader.

Lexus will tell you which ship your car is on.

• 3 weeks later...

My ES landed today at Royal Portbury Docks so people who are still waiting for their cars, hopefully, shouldn't have long to wait now as four vehicle carrying ships departed Japan a month ago and they are all in or arriving shortly at Royal Portbury.  Fingers crossed for everyone, 

Yay. My car arrived this morning at the dealer.  Going up shortly to sign stuff and take some snaps (dealer has done a video too).  I’ll pick up on Friday 6 September so I’ve got the weekend to play with it.

• Like 1

Peter. I see you and Steve (SH20) both had videos taken of your new ESs on delivery to the dealer and both in Yorkshire. Same dealer I wonder? It would be nice if all the dealers did this. Very nice looking cars.

3 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Peter. I see you and Steve (SH20) both had videos taken of your new ESs on delivery to the dealer and both in Yorkshire. Same dealer I wonder? It would be nice if all the dealers did this. Very nice looking cars.

Steve’s car was from Lexus Carlisle whilst mine was from Lexus Teesside.  I specifically asked for a delivery video.

• Like 1

Peter maybe you could ask to see where they prep cars.  If it's a shed why not de trim it yourself at home and clean it yourself too. I wish I had.  All the dealer has to do is to ensure it goes through a PDI without a hitch.   Most cleaners see it as just another car and adopt a get it in and out as quick as possible.  I spent 35 hours on my paintwork when I got it home.   Yes I'm anal about such stuff but my car cost £38,500 and it deserved  better care. Imagine collecting a LS500 at £100,000 and finding swirl marks in the paint.

Anyway good luck and enjoy the whole new car process.   Not sure where in Yorkshire you are but we could meet up in a few weeks and compare cars/experiences. Your call.  

42 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Peter maybe you could ask to see where they prep cars.  If it's a shed why not de trim it yourself at home and clean it yourself too. I wish I had.  All the dealer has to do is to ensure it goes through a PDI without a hitch.   Most cleaners see it as just another car and adopt a get it in and out as quick as possible.  I spent 35 hours on my paintwork when I got it home.   Yes I'm anal about such stuff but my car cost £38,500 and it deserved  better care. Imagine collecting a LS500 at £100,000 and finding swirl marks in the paint.

Anyway good luck and enjoy the whole new car process.   Not sure where in Yorkshire you are but we could meet up in a few weeks and compare cars/experiences. Your call.  

I'm up in North Yorkshire.  So long as my car is generally free of swirls I will collect on the day and do any fine adjustments when I'm back at home.  

Noticed today that a tonne of the safety tech was in a malfunction state.  I've seen this on pretty much on most cars in the Lexus and Toyota showrooms.  Not sure what's involved with the PDI process to clear them.

Yes, we should aim to try and meet up sometime with fellow Yorkshire / North East members. 

Peter