Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered new RX Takumi

They say it is out of their control. They are waiting for Lexus to provide the necessary paperwork and then they will register the car. I can’t understand why there is a problem with paperwork for the emissions and WLTP as they have known for ages that it had to be done but keep saying it is affecting other manufacturers as well. What I cannot understand is why there hasn’t been anything on the news etc. If their Volkswagen dealership has an even bigger problem (54 cars) why no mention of it anywhere. 

I wonder what the new reg are? The WLTP regs for all new registrations came in Sept/2018 ..

CO2 hasn't changed and that's the figure used for VED calculations.

ETA - Perhaps it's the RDE (The Real Driving Emissions) tests? Relevant only from 1st September 2019, all new registrations will be subject to RDE testing. My car would have come in just before the requirement.

That’s what I thought. I phoned Lexus customer services and they didn’t know then came back and said the dealership was correct and Lexus would send out updates to them and they would update me. 

Two hours to handover. Must admit that the excitement has gone. Now just want to get it over with. I will be sad to see the NX go as it has been a great car. Hopefully I will get to love the RX as much and should be great on the long journeys. 

Sitting in dealership and no one to do the handover. Seems they thought 💭 it was 15.30 hrs even though the confirmation email says 13.30 hrs. Person is out delivering another customer car. 😩😡😤. Can anything else go wrong. The car is sitting in the handover lounge waiting. Feel like just getting in and driving away 😂😂

Maybe there is a lowering of standards at Lexus. I had my RX 400 windscreen wash motor replaced last week and there was no courtesy call afterwards. Afterwards I noticed they had erased all my previous sat nav points, I guess due to the Battery being disconnected while they did the work. No one bothered to let me know this.. common courtesy? Hmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, ISJason said:

I had my RX 400 windscreen wash motor replaced last week 

If you don't mind me asking Ja, how much did they charge? Just interested because we know that a new motor was about £11 from eBay wasn't it?

3 hours ago, Trophy92 said:

Sitting in dealership and no one to do the handover. Seems they thought 💭 it was 15.30 hrs even though the confirmation email says 13.30 hrs. Person is out delivering another customer car. 😩😡😤. Can anything else go wrong. The car is sitting in the handover lounge waiting. Feel like just getting in and driving away 😂😂

How dreadful. This is simply awful. I'd be sure to use another dealer for the next three services which will be at least £1,000 of lost business.

Alan

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, stringbender said:

We never got to know how this all panned out. Never heard from John again. It must have all been awful. John experienced "Amazing " alright !

Just read through this thread. Anyone know which Dealership could not satisfy John?

Looks like this Forum gave him a shoulder to cry on and he never reciprocated. Somewhat mean of him, me thinks!