Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus remote start engine

Morkunas

Hi

I am going to ask dealer if they can activate this feature for my rx 450h.to warm up and deice car at winter;)

But first i wanted to ask your opinion- is it possible?i know in north America is a common thing, but i have not seen yet one (at least originally fitted by lexus) here in uk.

all your opinions is greatly welcome

5 hours ago, Morkunas said:

Hi

I am going to ask dealer if they can activate this feature for my rx 450h.to warm up and deice car at winter;)

But first i wanted to ask your opinion- is it possible?i know in north America is a common thing, but i have not seen yet one (at least originally fitted by lexus) here in uk.

all your opinions is greatly welcome

I thought it was illegal in the UK because it's against the law to have an engine running with the vehicle unoccupied?

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I thought it was illegal in the UK because it's against the law to have an engine running with the vehicle unoccupied?

If the car is on the road it is an offence known as 'Quitting'. Offence code: RC86011 Offence wording: Leave motor vehicle on a road not attended by person licensed to drive it engine not stopped / parking brake set Contrary to regulation 107(1) of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

If the car is on private premises not an issue, but I don't think it does the car a lot of good sitting idling.

• Like 2

Thanks for your thoughts above.

i have an indy with a star machine, he does miracles sometimes with this machine.so we are going to try to activate this future.also i will ask look in to activation headlights upon unlocking in the dark (at the moment only side mirrors are glowing at night).

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

BMW does it, so I doubt it is a problem

😂🙈

last three owned cars was Mercedes, even now i use Vito for work.i actually never new what “star” for Mercedes only🙄

Anyway...that guy uses some sort of laptop.different software i guess then🤷🏻‍♂️😑 his clients are from Dacia to Bentleys owners.

will see what he will say about that remote start.will let you know once i meet him next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Maybe it's just easier (and cheaper) to start the car and go back inside for a while!

That's what I do when the screen is iced up, but I leave my Stoplock steering wheel lock in place while I'm in the house  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

That's what I do when the screen is iced up, but I leave my Stoplock steering wheel lock in place while I'm in the house  :thumbsup:

Good practice, because an insurance company may just ask why theft was made so easy!  Which brings me to another question.  If a car with an immobiliser is started and left running without the key being present, will it still drive normally?  Obviously it can't be restarted, but knickable just the same?

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

If a car with an immobiliser is started and left running without the key being present, will it still drive normally?  Obviously it can't be restarted, but knickable just the same?

Yes, it will drive normally until it runs out of petrol or the driver stalls it, but it won't restart again without the key.

• Thanks 1

When many moons ago I was in the police you could leave the car parked and running  with key removed to stop the Battery going flat with all the blue lights on, but as soon as you touched the clutch pedal the car stalled and wouldn't restart without the 🗝️. Just a shame about the cars overheating 😂

• Like 1