Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intake manifold gap

seqo

Hi, i noticed this gap at the front of the intake manifold is this normal?

also this hose is coming out of coolant reservoir. I’m not 100% if it is the hoses fault but it seems like something has been spraying over the fan below it. - looks similar to limescale.

any ideas?

7C26A107-8F54-4D2E-877D-BF66D8255516.jpeg

BEC40AC4-AAD7-4A8D-A811-009BF6421462.jpeg

2616510E-C888-4CE8-83AF-FA301753070F.jpeg

The apparent gap at the front on the plenium could be part of moulding...is there a draft or any hissing noises when the engine is running?

The hose  looks like it should fit to the left of large coolant hose - check the image within post#2 of this thread; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/363144-engine-air-filter-diy.html  Might the hose connector have broken off?

33 minutes ago, Farqui said:

The apparent gap at the front on the plenium could be part of moulding...is there a draft or any hissing noises when the engine is running?

The hose  looks like it should fit to the left of large coolant hose - check the image within post#2 of this thread; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/363144-engine-air-filter-diy.html  Might the hose connector have broken off?

The pic isn’t the greatest. There are two hoses from the cap one left into there and the other is off to the right on its own. I think its just for ventilation as the other hose is connected to a larger hose under the cap which goes down into resevoir.

only weird noise I hear is when turning the car off you hear a lot of pressured air being released. sounds like a blow off valve

153EC5D9-282E-4A55-979B-57D2DE1CF105.jpeg