Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Considering a CT200H

bobmc

My daughters car has just expired with a blown head gasket and is uneconomical to repair.

So she's looking at getting something to replace it with and has a budget of around £5K. Her partner is 6'5 and they have a young baby so passenger headroom/legroom (he doesn't drive) and luggage space are the key requirements.

So I'm thinking that a CT200H would suit nicely but there's not many around within budget. I did spot this one for sale in Kilmarnock which is just over budget. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906078774272

It's a 2011 SE-I with 104K, it looks good value to me but I'd be interested if anyone has any comments regarding the headroom/legroom or any knowledge/views of this car.

You are looking for luggage space and CT has more like additional glove box at the back than real boot. It was always a struggle for us to fit weekly shopping. Headroom might be just about enough, but would imagine seat will have to me moved all the way back, so no leg room really left in the second row.
The best you could do is go and see / try one that is for sale close to your place before you commit to travel further.

• Like 1

With baby: I think CT200h will struggle, boot space regarding buggy/pushchair. Even room at the back/headroom is tight/ depending on the height of the baby seat. I dunno whether the baby is forward facing or rearward facing, but either will be tight.

With 5k budget, i would say go for things like honda civic

• Like 2

Take a look perhaps at the Toyota range.or given the man's height take a look perhaps at a Ford Fusion. Nicely spacious, cheap to run. 

Ran a couple of them a few years ago and certainly nice and spacious and reliable. At that time they were unfashionable and cheaper than a Fiesta but people cottoned on to this and prices firmed up.  Just looked at a 20000 mile 2012 nice spec 1.4 petrol at £4695 

• Like 1

Yes, as above really. We have a 1 and 3 year old and struggled with our old IS250 in terms of boot space and  front legroom with the car seats in place and i'm only 5ft 7.   So I wouldn't even consider a CT200H with a baby for that reason.

thanks for all the replies, it's a shame I couldn't persuade them to buy a Lexus but if it wasn't a practical proposition to begin with I was doomed to failure anyway.

They ended up buying a Ford Focus

8 minutes ago, bobmc said:

thanks for all the replies, it's a shame I couldn't persuade them to buy a Lexus but if it wasn't a practical proposition to begin with I was doomed to failure anyway.

They ended up buying a Ford Focus

And you may find it difficult Bob to avoid saying "I told you so."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1