Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking sensors

I do not know if anyone found the following an issue: when it rains hard the warning triangle pings up and I get the message sensors deactivated please clean sensor.  Gets a bit of a pain when you do clean them and they stop working again shortly afterwards.  Always the front sensors that require cleaning. No fault on sensors just a bad design on the NX.  Checked with Lexus and its a known issue.  Never happened on my previous  Audi’s.

No issues & have driven along really flooded roads.

Mine has Smart Sensors but I am sure their spec is no different.

Not an issue in North America either.

Tel

No issue for me in two years with two NXs and lots of heavy rain, but had similar issue with two previous Hondas and a VW. Techs just told me it was common to Bosch (I think) sensors and that it would go away on its own, which it always did.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, Tel said:

No issues & have driven along really flooded roads.

Mine has Smart Sensors but I am sure their spec is no different.

Not an issue in North America either.

Tel

Have you actually experimented to see if the Smart Sensors actually do stop you before you hit the obstruction? I haven't had the courage yet on a 2 month old NX.

53 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

The same as ordinary parking sensors but they apply the brakes to stop you actually connecting with the obstruction. (At least, that's what I think they do!)

That’s correct.  If the car thinks you’re going to hit the obstruction it’ll apply the brakes.  Works in forward and reverse.  It does work.  Try it with a couple of empty cardboard boxes.

• Like 1

Car has saved me twice when ,for example, the car in front stalls .

Impressive 

An Alarm sounds , a big red  BRAKE warning sign Fills the Nav screen from side to side auto-braking a Nano-second before you Brake.

Does not stop the car but reduces speed instantly almost zero mph.

Tel

• 1 month later...