Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rx450 pushed in dashboard bank of switches

Help, Managed for the 1st time in 40 years to put my knee against the lower bank of 4 buttons (just above the small cubby box) on my rhd 450h 66 model year.

These are the lower group of 4 buttons but only two used for heated st/wheel and sway warning but now they have fallen back into the dash.

Does anyway know if i remove the dash, cubby box or vent above to access these to pop back forwards please?

• 2 years later...

Same happened to me.

Rang Lexus Derby who stated that it happens quite alot and that they have a special tool to easily return the bank of buttons in situ.

They did it free of charge ,took less than 20 minutes hanging around the showroom.

Great service from Derby Lexus

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I took it to Hatfield and a mechanic unscrewed a side panel from the dash and pushed the bank out. Again, very helpful and obliging and pretty quick to sort. I thought they'd have to remove the whole dashboard!!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Further update to bank of switches, messing with side/end of dash trim, found it unclipped in 2 mins and then switches simply clip in. Happy to send over 5 pics of easy process if anyone wants them.

• Like 1

Hi 

So I managed to do the exact same thing today. It would be great to push the buttons back out myself, please do share the pictures of what to do!

Thanks 🙂 

lexus switches 03.pdflexus switch 3.pdflexus switch 02.pdf

Hopefully these images will be visible, if not please let me know.  1st thing to say,   removing the end panel of the dashboard only requires either a plastic spatula or even the rounded end of a spoons handle. There are no screws , or glues to remove. The panel is simply clipped and held in place by 8 red plastic push in clips. Apart from the pulling out the clips, there is no need to lift the panel up and off anything its just pull away. The rubber door edging can be pushed to the side by your fingers whilst releasing the panel.  Start the removal of the panel in the furthest point of this panel at the bottom as this easily starts the popping out of the lugs then just work your way around.Then you can see the switch fallen back in the space. Take 30 seconds to pull the switch out to you so you can view the design fault of 4 little locating lugs that are so easily pushed in backwards. This will also explain that your pushing the unit back into these lug receivers. Then just simply pop the panel back in place whilst pushing the rubber seal back to the side. The whole procedure takes 2 minutes shorter than it takes to type this .  Any questions please just ask.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links