Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phil Ashby

Phil Ashby

Thank you for your replies. 

I should have mentioned that I do not yet own a CT200. But I do ( or did ) wish to. 

It's just that when I repeatedly got in and out of the drivers seat in a car showroom I had real problems. This was a real downer as everything else about the car I loved.

As far as I could tell the steering wheel was set to it's highest level. 

I do not think that the seat runner extension would help. 

Very intrigued to read Stormchaser's comment about having no problem. Perhaps I should try again in a different car.  

I’m quite slim though Phil and the seat is almost at it’s full travel on the runners. My legs aren’t that bent up and I have it reclined at quite an angle with the steering wheel adjusted quite low. It’s very comfortable like this. I do agree that getting out isn’t the simplest of things as the seat is back behind the B pillar haha. It’s a good job I don’t have rear seat passengers.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

with the seat runner extensions fitted and your seat being able to move back more

your legs will be straighter and therefore lower and in turn will be further away from

the steering wheel and column shroud this will make it easier to get in and out of the car.

I'm about 5'11" so you've got a few inches on me there but I wouldn't have thought this would ever be an issue. When you were sat in the car in the showroom did you have a fiddle with the seat to see if it was just one of the seat adjustment settings? It could well have been this, as someone as said they're 6'4" and have no problems getting in and out.

Such a shame if there's no way to adjust things to make things comfortable for you though, they're really great cars. 

I am 6 foot tall and have driven a number of CT200's over the last 3 years. I had a 2018 model for a couple of weeks, drove 2000 miles and had no issues. 

Think that dropping the drivers seat right down should help you. Try different models if that doesn't work as the seat adjustments vary between models. The last one I drove was a fairly base model and that had the most comfortable seats I recollect. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'3" and have no issues once steering wheel is lifted up and seat positioned correctly. Although I have set electric seat memory for different shoes i.e. trainers have big soles!