Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 8/24/2019 at 9:17 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Will you need to change out the Radiator? What year Car? Is it a Valeo Rad? 

Haven't changed the radiator. 2004 car.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, cruisermark said:

Tire set is to reset the tyre pressure warning system after it comes on. You press and hold for 5 secs

smart is to turn off the keyless entry and start function - hope this helps 

Strange one this.  As I was doing other stuff to mine today I noticed I have the tyre reset button as well, but I don't (thankfully) have the TPMS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 11:46 PM, The-Acre said:

Strange one this.  As I was doing other stuff to mine today I noticed I have the tyre reset button as well, but I don't (thankfully) have the TPMS. 

I don't have any sensors on wheels so does it mean I don't have TPMS?

37 minutes ago, Micco said:

I don't have any sensors on wheels so does it mean I don't have TPMS?

If you don't have sensors or the tyre symbol on the dash I guess like mine the switch is just fitted but not connected to anything.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:15 PM, The-Acre said:

If you don't have sensors or the tyre symbol on the dash I guess like mine the switch is just fitted but not connected to anything.

Yes the same, no tyre symbol on the dash.

I just put that ASC680 in car and sometimes it gives the text "Height HI" on dash. Driving the car as in picture.

870773892_MemoryM2.thumb.jpg.5b2be3a3276ee996fd2fc209097b2224.jpg

I chose the UCF31 with reverse C as chassis (it should be the facelift model).

On 9/8/2019 at 10:15 PM, The-Acre said:

I don't know how it checks the tyre pressure. This happened today when driving home from work.

DSC_0287.thumb.JPG.543d210cb52760c1e98fef0c3fb19076.JPGDSC_0284.thumb.JPG.cbd26c016328153d0cb42571c286fc26.JPG

Japanese text says something like "incorrect air ratio"

18 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Then I guess you've got the TPMS, the sensors are built into the valve with the batteries inside the wheel.

But I have changed the different wheels(original 17" to chrome 19") and they have normal valves.

1 hour ago, Micco said:

But I have changed the different wheels(original 17" to chrome 19") and they have normal valves.

I think the system is working properly i.e. when there is a loss of signal from one or more valves, you will get a failure warning. I had a valve fail on my 460 (care of a clumsy tyre fitter) and the light came on.

The 430 senses a deflating tyre by the difference in speed between that tyre and the others. You need to check your tyre pressures and then reset the computer. The button for the reset is under the steering wheel near where your toes would be when driving. 2 buttons, one resets the tyre pressure sensing, the other disables the Smartkey system,

55 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

The 430 senses a deflating tyre by the difference in speed between that tyre and the others. You need to check your tyre pressures and then reset the computer. The button for the reset is under the steering wheel near where your toes would be when driving. 2 buttons, one resets the tyre pressure sensing, the other disables the Smartkey system,

But he's saying he replaced the wheels and doesn't have sensors in them, so I'm not sure where that leaves him... apart from out of pocket soon maybe!

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Ok, that makes sense if there's no sensors in valves. So the one deflating tyre is spinning faster than the others?

There was one tyre with lower pressure,I put there same amount of air as in others and reset the computer. After that light came off and everything seems ok.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 7:45 PM, Tulpen said:

I think the system is working properly i.e. when there is a loss of signal from one or more valves, you will get a failure warning. I had a valve fail on my 460 (care of a clumsy tyre fitter) and the light came on.

I have been driving with those 19" wheels about 2000 kilometers. BigBoomer's answer seems to make sense.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links