Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone me and the good wife decided to take the dog to south coast beach hayling island this morning good blast down m3 few hours on the beach ice cream etc then a back roads blast up A3 back to reading . Just clicked on to 300 miles on the trip and just under half a tank left showing .now my question is do these drop like a stone gauge wise as it goes below half way . Also as we were getting on m3 at basingstoke the wife says it's a lovely ride but the car feels slower than the avensis even though you see the speedo needle raising up ok . Ok i said let's see how it goes then floored it for the first time from 30-70+ up slip road .she had a big smile and went omg lol ,well that's the fuel saving gone when she get back behind the bloody wheel lol.

• Like 1

Just done over 2000 miles on a French holiday and found the fuel gauge to be fairly linear from 90% to 10%, it lies at first and doesn't drop quickly from full and the fuel light seems to come on with about 10 litres left in the tank too. I averaged about 35 mpg as well.

• Like 1

I've been using my Lexus for work (Hayling Island to Watford and back) since I got T boned off my bike by a blind wazzock in a BMW and gained a lateral malleolus break and I'm getting an average of between 29-31 indicated on the in car thing at motorway speeds. As it's an average of hardly any traffic holds ups driving to work but lots of slow rolling past the M4 at going home time, that's actually a lot better than I was expecting... I would have been expecting 25mpg if I'm honest.

And yes, the gauge does lie... I can do two "work and home runs", that's 380 miles, another 20 to the Walk in centre at St Mary's and then I put 64 litres in. Standard 95 ron Esso.

So: 64 x .22 for Imperial gallons = 14.08 gallons.

400 divided by 14 gallons... 28 mpg. But I don't usually brim it, wait until it clicks off the first time then go to the next nearest litre. Happy enough with that.

Wow. That's 1900 miles a week...