Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

450h headlight beam low

I've noticed that the cutoff of my headlights is a little low so I don't see much ahead on the road. my 400h had a scroll button to adjust the height of the beam. Is there on on the 450h, as the manual doesn't seem to show it being adjustable?

Do you have xenons/LEDs?

If so, they would be self-adjusting and no manual adjuster present. Might suggest one or more level sensors have broken (not uncommon) or simply requires adjustment using the screws above the lamps in the front scuttle under the bonnet.

Being of a certain age I would prefer brighter lights at night as I feel half blind at night now ,my avensis used to have hid lights or projector things that seemed low on dip and too high on high beam never liked them 4 cibie rally spots would light up the road rather nice had a set on my avenger tiger years ago .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning everyone 

Ordered d4s Phillips Xenon bulbs, but tried to replace this morning as per youtube videos and it’s completely different system behind the headlight.looks like i will need to remove the headlight in order to replace bulb as everything is covered in black plastic cover.has anyone changed bulbs in this type headlights please?

9DA62530-D9EE-4DAC-A7A6-11A8B8679985.jpeg

50F58B0A-691D-4881-B24C-F6B990982704.jpeg

• Like 1

Mhm 🤔 that round cover looks way below then the bixenon bulbs are sitting on the headlight.i thought what that cover is for long range bulb which is non Xenon.so confused!🤯will check when i back home today.

thank you for your reply Herbie

• Like 3

Hello

I have a 2016 RX 450h. I live in rural NSW in Australia and as such need good high beam to dodge the Roos in winter. I bought a LED light bar which was supposed to be ok for my vehicle but I don’t know where to connect it inside the engine bay. Most of the engine is covered. 

3 hours ago, Karen Gay said:

but I don’t know where to connect it inside the engine bay. Most of the engine is covered.

With the greatest of respect Karen, if you haven't taken the engine covers off to look what's beneath them and you're being stumped at this first hurdle, perhaps having a garage or auto electrician do the work for you may be the best option?

I don't mean that in a nasty way, just trying to save you hassle.

Personally, I would tap into the high beam fuse which will possibly be in the engine bay fusebox but I don't know for sure as I don't have a 2016 car. Also, how much power does this light bar take? If it's too much for that circuit to handle along with the high beams, you'll probably have to wire in a relay to do the switching so that it switches on with the high beams but gets its power from somewhere else, ie, direct from the 12V Battery rather than the high beam circuit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 years later...

I have a same situation as Darius. Triple beam lights. The grey round plastic cover, once removed is to replace the Halogen 9005 bulb. This bulb is used in the most inside portion of the headlamp. This is for the daytime running lights and highbeam.

I cannot find where to replace the DS4 bulbs. There is no other opening.

The LExus diagrams are for the non triple beam lights where behind the grey plastic cover is the  DS4.

Any thoughts?

On 9/11/2022 at 3:54 PM, jose1962 said:

I have a same situation as Darius. Triple beam lights. The grey round plastic cover, once removed is to replace the Halogen 9005 bulb. This bulb is used in the most inside portion of the headlamp. This is for the daytime running lights and highbeam.

I cannot find where to replace the DS4 bulbs. There is no other opening.

The LExus diagrams are for the non triple beam lights where behind the grey plastic cover is the  DS4.

Any thoughts?

If you have the triple beam headlights, these are LED (SEL/Premier). The DS4 refers to the Xenon bulbs (SE-L). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links