Rabbers

“Orange Pack” Orange Brake Calipers & Discs

Does anyone have information, technical or otherwise, about the orange-coloured calipers and relative discs fitted as standard on the F-Sport RC in the U.K. or offered under the name of “Orange Pack”as a €300 optional  in some other countries?  The discs are supposed to be bigger, which could well be true insofar as the price seems high for enameling alone.  And if they are indeed bigger, is their stopping power any greater because of it?

Front discs on my 2019 RC300h are bigger (14.0" versus 13.1" on the one piece disc according to the build sheets) and they are now two-piece (but not possible to separate the friction rotor from the hub/top-hat section) to promote greater air flow and cooling

I've not had the need to test out the ultimate stopping power but would imagine the 2019 spec will handle repeated hard stops better than the 2016 spec.

Rear discs and calipers appear to be identical to the older spec model, apart from being orange!

Also, just read the info that the two-piece (larger rotor) can only be used with alloy wheels. Steel wheels will cause the top-hat section to deform.

Sounds like a case of bigger being better and literally cooler.