Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, just wondering if anyone in Central Scotland has the crankshaft holding tool (for RX400H), that they would be willing to  lend/sell, have stripped the car down to replace the timing belt and am now stuck at the point of removing crankshaft pulley bolt, if not anyone know where I can purchase one in the UK, only ones I can see are in USA/SA or Australia

Hi normaly people use a windy gun to zip of the bolt and pulley ,then refit bolt without pulley hand tight to turn and align the pulleys marks . Then remove pulley tensioner and replace all parts in kit ( if the manual says to remove cam pulleys loosen all bolts before removing tensioner and belt . Then reasemble in reverse order as per manual . Just remember always turn engine over two wholes turns and make sure all marks realign and the belt is still tensioned after new belt is tensioned .may might as well fit a new water pump while your in there . Which I'm sure the cam pulley will have to come off to remove the rear metal shield  behind pulley .

• Like 1