Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I can open the door with the metal key and insert the key into the ignition switch which will start the car no problems.

Batteries in both keys are new so not a problem there.

Did manage to close the windows and the moon roof with a fob after a while but only just after continually pressing the switch, however unable to lock or open any lock or alarm the car.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Hmm, when you had the sat nav issue did you get around to disconnecting the Battery?  If not it may just be worth trying it for this problem, leaving it for 20 mins or so. Is it a recent problem?

• Like 1

Such a difficult one this.  I seem to remember on my LS400 the remote locking could be disabled by pressing a button somewhere below the steering wheel,  but I'm not sure if the 430 has that.  So how long has it been like this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lex - eleven said:

There is a button below the dash but it seems to make no difference whether it's pushed in or out

I'm not sure what else to suggest. It does sound like an ECU that has to be told how to behave again, although I wonder why.  Hopefully someone will offer something more constructive.  I'm sure you've tried it with a spare key?  

I'm not sure what else to suggest. It does sound like an ECU that has to be told how to behave again, although I wonder why.  Hopefully someone will offer something more constructive.  I'm sure you've tried it with a spare key?  
Yes I've tried 2 fobs. I'll see if there's anything on the internet.

Yes I've tried 2 fobs. I'll see if there's anything on the internet.

Weird !! I've now got the 2 button fob opening and closing the doors and a long press on the lock button closes the windows and moon roof. The main fob with 3 buttons won't do anything but is now being detected on the ignition switch ??? Excuse the photo my phone camera is cracked7e9c231ce954eb30005fc0130bbe9186.jpg