Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Struggling to find a car

My old car has given up yesterday unfortunately and I've been looking for a 2017 is 300h premier in white or silver. Unfortunately I'm having no success. 

Anyone know where they might be all hiding at?

25 minutes ago, Dankear said:

My old car has given up yesterday unfortunately and I've been looking for a 2017 is 300h premier in white or silver. Unfortunately I'm having no success. 

Anyone know where they might be all hiding at?

Premier models at Lexus Dealerships as follows.

Chester

Sidcup

Edgware Road

Hatfield

Canterbury

Stockport.

35 minutes ago, Dankear said:

Thanks for the speedy reply. Had a look through all those there but none in the 2017 / facelift model or my choice of colours.

You are welcome.

So, now you know that they are not hiding it`s just that there aren`t any.

Good hunting.

Go into a Lexus dealer and tell them what you want and they will search their current stock (can do that across all dealers) which will be much the same as on the Lexus Used Car website but in addition they have an idea about what is just coming in or about to come in based on trade ins so you might be able to find what you want before it's advertised on the website. Mind you at that point you wouldn't have much negotiation clout... Personally I prefer to cast the net wider and then have an upper hand in price negotiations. When I bought mine I had a broad idea of what I wanted but when I started looking in earnest found an excellent deal on a 2 year old IS 300h but with 40k miles - higher mileage than I initially was thinking of but at a price that I couldn't ignore and so bought it. Nearly three years later it has never missed a beat and depreciation has been incredibly low. 

I would wait for the new reg, not long now, you might find more stock and people returning 2 year lease cars. 

I’m in the market for a new car but won’t be a Lexus as have one already and rest of the range is too similar. Just last week I got a we buy any car price for our 2015 IS300h, this week they’ve reduced it by £850, normally they increase their first offer by a few hundred,  I think prices are dropping fast, I’d hold out for a while.

7 hours ago, F.A. said:

1st September 

More importantly the end of September is end of quarter for most car dealers so the last couple of weeks is when you will have the best bargaining power. I did this  4 years ago with a 1500 miles ex demo car in December and saved £6000 over the previous weeks price because it had been in stock for 90 days. I put 20000 miles on it and traded it for more than I bought it for. 

• Like 4