Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have'nt seen such a nice mark 3 for a long while . . .

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

There was 4 marks to the LS400

Mark 1 - 1989 -1991

Mark 2 - 1991 - 1995

Mark 3 - 1995 - 1997

Mark 4 - 1998 - 2000

I think the mark 3 has the best looks

Mk3 loved the fog lights, loved not having a sat-nav (prefered the old LCD stylee), but did not like not having traction control, and did find main beam a little weak for when pushing along those country lanes at night.

The Mk4 is also a little more quieter and the HID lights with self adjusting level make life a little easier and I prefer the Mk4 alloys.

Mileage is no issue and mine has got me from 132,000 to  201,700 miles and apparently looks pretty okay underneath.  (My Mk3 only got me from 135,000 to 192,000 before I changed, and I recall when first getting in my Mk4, that I had found my little Nivarna).

car has sold ............... she does look a beauty too ...  a very early M reg Mk3 with a low mileage too

the last of the glass front lenses

she might go on forever, hope the cambelt and waterpump has been changed at some time though:whistling:

mine's  on 223,223 miles just yesterday 😉

a lovely car to be sure and with hundreds of thousands of miles left in her  ( both the sold one and mine !  )

Malc

reading it's MOT history I don't think I would be keen tbh .............  front suspension stuff wearing ( twice now ) and hardly ever used ............. doesn't usually do these steeds too much good being underused imho

wonder if the front stuff has been replaced twice with less than good quality parts 👻

Cest Le Vie

Malc