Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 2008 Oil Change

Dear friends,

Im going to carry out the oil change, plus filter using original parts on my Lexus.

It will be the first time im doing it on this car. Anything i need to look out for?

What torque value does the filter housing need to be?

The car im assuming needs to be jacked up?

Many thanks!

Hi an oil and filter change is straight forward if you follow a few simple rules ;You will need a special 'key' type spanner to fit the oil filter housing .This is well documented on other posts on the site (I can't remember the laser/sealey part number) make sure you get the correct one .The car will need to be as high as you safely can get it .this filter will be tight you will need 3 weetabix and a long bar !! .Do not attempt to remove it with anything but the correct tool.Make sure your old oil collection bowl is large enough for approx 6.4 litres of old oil ,Renew O rings that come with the filter ,I tighten the housing to 35 ft/lbs ,I've done a few without problems but the housing is aluminium so can easily be damaged .If you need any further advice just post on here

Dave